Say hello to Newton - A low-cost cryptocurrency trading platform looking to expand and grow our team across the US and Canada. We see a future where financial systems are open to everyone and built to empower people to embrace financial freedom. We believe cryptocurrency plays a role in that future, and each member of the team plays a critical role in building the next generation of crypto products and supporting this mission.
Newton team members are spread out across the US and Canada, within a fully-remote capacity.
As a Senior Backend Developer you'll:
- Champion the backend architecture following modern OOP principles
- Setup and improve the infrastructure that supports our projects
- Develop clean, efficient code with accompanying unit tests
- Write integration tests to ensure code quality
- Lead code reviews and invite others to review your work
- Champion the importance of addressing technical debt
- Be a force-multiplier for the development team; solutions you provide are simple, scalable, and enable engineers to code more effectively
- Passionate about learning and sharing knowledge with the rest of the team
Nice to haves:
- Experience in a startup environment; you're a self-starter
- Experience with Python (Django), Java, Node.JS
- Experience with AWS products (EC2, Dynamo, RDS, and more)
- Experience with Postgresql and NoSQL databases
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with version control tools like Git
- Experience in working with APIs, authorizations, etc.
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (i.e. JIRA, Asana)
At Newton, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!