Join our team at Backbase, one of the LinkedIn Top Companies of 2023 in the Netherlands! We're known for our great work environment and providing opportunities for career growth. We’re also committed to fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and growth. As a member of our team, you'll have the chance to work with some of the brightest and most talented people in the industry, as well as help shape the future of digital banking. Come join us and be part of something special.
The job in short
Ideate, Create and Build our Android Business Banking Banking products where your future-proof features will reach over 100 million users worldwide.
What you'll do
At Backbase, we build future-proof banking products to create user-centric banking journeys. Join our R&D department to develop, scale, and deploy our software to financial institutions worldwide.
Backbase is a software company that builds SDKs and libraries for the FinTech domain; Let’s build the future of banking together.
You will be working in the Business Banking team, which build out mobile banking applications for SME's and Corporate customers of Banks; making a payment of €2 million euros from your mobile seem like a piece of cake.
Your future at Backbase:
● Building, improving, and growing SDKs and libraries to revolutionise Business Banking
● Write clean maintainable code to create scalable features that other developers can use seamlessly
● Developing features with Native Android frameworks and cutting edge technologies such as Kotlin Coroutines and Jetpack Compose
● Automate testing while working closely with QAs to achieve an 80% minimum unit test coverage
● Work with Agile and Scrum in a cross functional mobile squad and act as a mentor to other developers
● Join daily stand ups, team events, and workshops and be a part of our mobile guild consisting of 70+ mobile engineers to continuously grow your knowledge
● Work hybrid; we trust you to choose how and where you work best
Who you are
Looking for a journey instead of a job? Then let’s talk! We are THE pioneers in banking tech. You will become part of a dynamic environment that influences the banking experience of hundreds of millions of users around the world.
Here’s what you’ll need to get the job done:
● Coding in Kotlin is your second nature and you believe writing clean maintainable code is the only way to go
● Have hands on experience with clean architecture patterns such as MVVM
● Passionate about mentoring other developers and teaching us your best practices
● Understanding of proper code documentation, automation and knowledge about the modern software development life cycle
● Experience building libraries that are used by other developers and understanding best practices in this domain
● Knowledge of CI/CD with Bitrise or Jenkins, automation, and scripting
● You’re currently located in the Netherlands
(Currently we are focused on hiring locally, meaning candidates with dependent or HSM visas, locals and Europeans based in The Netherlands)