Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
What’s the role?
As a Salesforce Engineer who specializes in Sales and Analytics Cloud, you will be responsible for enhancing and supporting Salesforce Sales and Analytics Cloud at Xero. You will help Xero maximise the use of Sales and Analytics Cloud, focusing on sustainably excellent engineering. You will work closely with our experienced Enterprise Technology Customer Platforms team across the Salesforce platform, as well as work closely with our Xero Sales team. You’ll foster a positive team culture, provide technical guidance and engineer in accordance with Salesforce best practices and standards.
How you'll make an impact
You’ll work in collaboration with other Xeros to help create and deliver beautiful software to our customers, faster.You’ll undertake software application development on applications in our suite of Products (including new ones), contributing to new or improved experiences for our customers, internal and external.You’ll contribute to our cross functional environment by working towards the same objectives, using modern principles and practices.You'll help build and manage software that solves engineering problems at scale. You will be enabled to seek clarity with technical complexities and be able to demonstrate smart ways to automate.
What you'll do:
- Create software - Care deeply about customer problems and technical excellence, produce robust high quality and scalable software. Relentlessly automate any manual processes. Contribute to technical solution designs that embrace a quality-first approach. Participate in code reviews.
- Test software - Design and automate testing activities that effectively reveal product quality across a range of risk areas and acceptance criteria. Collaborate with the team and understand their own responsibility for quality.
- Resolve issues - Triage and solve development and production issues, and be able to quickly track down the root cause. Communicate the impact of the problem to stakeholders in terms of business value, helping to set a priority for the resolution. Actively participate in incident responses.
- Engineering standards & frameworks - Maintain knowledge of Xero’s current and emerging engineering standards and practices. Develop and deploy software that meets Xero's standards.
- Continuous improvement - Maintain knowledge of current and emerging development technologies and methodologies. Develop expertise in one or more programming languages and ecosystem specific technologies.
- Deliver infrastructure in a production environment - Maintain and monitor delivery processes. Ensure all software is running as expected and proactively work to prevent customer facing problems.
- Modern software and delivery practices - Practice agile software development. Occasionally facilitate agile ceremonies. Proactively work to improve team processes.
What you'll bring:
- Salesforce Sales and Analytics Cloud experience, with previous experience implementing and supporting Salesforce Sales and Analytics Cloud in enterprise level organizations
- Salesforce certifications are highly beneficial
- Has developed a specialisation in one or more specific technologies or areas of the development stack
- Ability to debug across a technology stack
- Confident in upgrading tooling and technology underlying products
- Proficient in roll out and maintenance of cloud infrastructure for team's products
- Able to implement resilient software design patterns
- Able to maintain, update and document team APIs
- Familiar with application and infrastructure security concerns and proactively mitigates issues
- Regularly practices test driven and trunk based development
- Demonstrated ability to respond to production incidents
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.