Solve interesting engineering problems while helping build one of the most successful real estate technology and business services platforms. At PLACE, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your expertise and career in a profitable and quickly growing company with a recent $100 million fundraise at a $1 billion valuation. We are focused on developing you -- your career, your passions and your wealth.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for programming and for writing beautiful code. You will join a team of developers building custom tools and web applications for the real estate industry. We are committed to simple, functional, and powerful user interfaces, APIs, and information storage systems.
Who Develops You: CTO and engineering leaders
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver projects of all sizes, creating solutions for real estate and consumer services
- Write automated tests with every new feature to identify -- and repair -- bugs
- Evaluate end-to-end initiatives for strengths and weaknesses -- performance complexity, scalability, quality and security
- Assess technical debt and recommend how to reduce it
- Mentor junior engineers
- At least 4 years of experience in Ruby on Rails development
- Strong understanding of web development and web-based applications
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Sidekiq, Postgres, and Elasticsearch
- Solid understanding of software development best practices, including test-driven development, continuous integration, and version control
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Employees and their qualified dependents are offered the following benefits:
- Health Savings Account
Additionally they are eligible to enroll in the following voluntary benefits:
- Accidental and Illness Insurance
- Life Insurance
Employees are also enrolled in Long Term Disability Insurance and eligible to enroll in the company's 401k program.
Employees are offered the following:
- Vacation Time as Needed
- 10 Sick Day
- 9 paid holidays and 2 paid floating holidays
- 3 days of Bereavement Leave
- Time off for Voting and Jury Duty
- Employee Assistance Program
Employees are eligible to participate in the company's yearly Stock Purchase Program.
Salary: $110,000-$140,000 DOE
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.