Orange Comet is seeking a Rendering Engineer with expertise in Unity. Our ideal candidate will have shipped multiple titles on mobile and will be able to work with artists to produce a beautiful game working within the tight constraints of the platform. We are open to filling this position with a Global Contractor.
- Play an active role in the design, research and implementation of rendering features.
- Collaborate effectively with other team leads to satisfy requirements spanning areas such as functionality, scope, and performance.
- Build, implement, and improve tools for artists.
- Work to resolve pipeline issues and to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop art budgets and target metrics to ensure good game performance.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve the production process and the quality of the game.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues with the visuals of the game.
- Profile and optimize code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Assist with task creation, scheduling and time estimations.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest advancements in 3D rendering, game development, and related technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in game development.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C# and Unity.
- Familiarity with HLSL.
- Familiarity with ShaderGraph.
- Ability to work remotely and independently.
- Exceptional communication skills facilitating effective collaboration across teams and time zones.
- Deep understanding of mathematical concepts related to computer graphics, such as linear algebra, matrices, quaternions, and coordinate systems.
- Proficiency using graphics debugging tools.
- Thorough understanding of 3D rendering techniques and algorithms.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related field.
- Experience with mobile game development.
- Deep understanding of GPU architecture, Metal, and OpenGL ES.
- Understanding of the full game production cycle, from conception to launch and live ops development.
- Familiarity with Unity’s scriptable render pipeline.
- Familiarity with 3D modeling tools like Maya, Blender, or 3ds Max.
- Interest in working on stylized rendering
- Awesome company culture along with a fully remote position (best of both worlds!)
- A rewarding role with opportunities to see yourself and the company grow.
- We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company!
- Orange Comet is full of passionate and highly skilled individuals. We dream together, learn from each other, have fun and make a difference every day. Our culture is based on deep trust, individual freedom, and personal responsibility.
About the Company
Orange Comet is a next-generation gaming and entertainment company creating immersive web3-enabled games in partnership with the biggest entertainment properties in the world. By blending super-creative content and cutting-edge technology, our mission is to revolutionize the gaming landscape for the fanbases of our clients. We are powered by a passionate group of people who believe the future of all entertainment and media is on the verge of a revolution, and our diverse backgrounds, experiences, and industries, work to help our clients shape their businesses for the next generation of gaming opportunities that awaits.
The base salary range for a full-time position is $80,000-$200,000 USD+ benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Our team can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.