At Anyscale, we're on a mission to democratize distributed computing and make it accessible to software developers of all skill levels. We’re commercializing Ray, a popular open-source project that's creating an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Companies like OpenAI, Uber, Spotify, Instacart, Cruise, and many more, have Ray in their tech stacks to accelerate the progress of AI applications out into the real world.
With Anyscale, we’re building the best place to run Ray, so that any developer or data scientist can scale an ML application from their laptop to the cluster without needing to be a distributed systems expert.
Anyscale is based in San Francisco, CA. Employees are required to come in office 3x a week.
About the role:
The Anyscale Technical Program Management (TPM) team is expected to play a critical role executing high impact programs while continuously improving processes to sustainably grow and increase the effectiveness of the Tech organization spanning Design, Engineering and Product teams.
As a Technical Program Manager focused on Anyscale’s core Infrastructure solutions, you’ll help lead complex application development in service of enhancing our product platform
. In this role, you'll support and help scale the technical infrastructure solutions that make Anyscale’s products and services possible. As part of the overall development life cycle you’ll plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders on complex projects with significant bottom line impact.
Your Project management contributions will span prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management, tracking of external commitments while contributing to the organization's technical culture by highlighting and espousing best practices. You’ll learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your commitment to excellence and appetite for innovative problem-solving. This is a rare opportunity to join in the leadership of a team that will be responsible for building a successful commercial ML/AI oriented solution from the ground up!
As part of this role, you will:
- Help us build and ship our Commercial / OSS product
- Will work closely with the software development and product teams to deliver high quality, scalable products used by customers around the world.
- Collaborate with the product teams and align all the stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones.
- Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit
- Work on a diverse technology stack spanning multiple leading commercial cloud providers, big-data solutions and ML algorithms.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical work experience
- 5+ years of technical work experience
- 3+ years of experience with Machine Learning projects & platforms
- 3+ years of experience with leading commercial cloud provider platforms
- Software development experience (ability to build and assess systems/platforms)
- Strong communication skills and can effectively share your work with a broader audience through writing and speaking
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- An obsession with contributing to the development of high-performance engineering organizations, are detail driven with excellent problem solving abilities
- At Anyscale, we take a market-based approach to compensation. We are data-driven, transparent, and consistent. The target salary for this role is $170,342 - $237,400. As the market data changes over time, the target salary for this role may be adjusted.
Level = Base Salary
- L4 = $170,342
- L5 = $202,396
- L6 = $237,400
This role is also eligible to participate in Anyscale's Equity and Benefits offerings, including the following:
- Stock Options
- Healthcare plans, with premiums covered by Anyscale at 99% for both employees and dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Wellness stipend
- Education stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Commute reimbursement
- 100% of in-office meals covered
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Anyscale Inc. is an E-Verify company and you may review the Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Right to Work posters in English and Spanish