Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
As a Homie, you are a bar raiser, this means you come with:
As a Homie, you will make an impact by:
- Substantial software development experience
- Expertise in mobile development and release best practices, both for the mobile web, and native applications.
- Deep understanding of the Android and iOS platforms and the ability to prototype on at least one platform.
- Able to compare various languages and frameworks objectively within the context of an organization and its business goals
- Expert understanding of object-oriented software design and system architecture patterns, and how to apply them to solve challenging engineering problems
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills
- Proven ability to diagnose and understand technical challenges that span teams and technologies
- Ability to use influence to develop and promote effective engineering practices
Partnering with Engineering Management and playing a key role in defining how our engineering practice operates and how our engineers grow their skill sets. You will use your technical experience and your influence to develop technical approaches that will improve Hombase’s ability to deliver a resilient platform and world-class product for our Homebase customers. You are a Principal Engineer with excellent judgment and will help balance short-term needs with long-term organizational impact.
What we offer our Homies:
- Help set the strategic direction for mobile technology and development at Homebase, balancing development velocity, quality and maintenance while ensuring excellence in user experience and meeting business objectives
- Work cross-organizationally to coach and mentor teams in the adoption of emerging engineering practices
- Work as a partner with the Sn Eng Manager of Mobile Platform to help deliver to the Mobile Platform Mandates including
- Developing long-term mobile technical strategy
- Principles and practices to guide the broader mobile developer community at Homebase
- Mobile and API standards
- Over time, work with a broader set of Senior Engineering and Product and Design leaders on the problems (and opportunities) ahead of us as we scale and grow
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- RRSP + 4% company match
- Comprehensive medical coverage for you and your eligible dependents - premiums 100% paid by Homebase!
- 20 days of accrued PTO, annual paid holidays and paid volunteer time off
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible spending account (FSA) options
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant workspaces
- Team off-sites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase:
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team Ivana
- Meet the Hiring Manager Andrea
- Meet the Mobile Leadership team Ze’ev
- Participate in a Technical Assessment
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.