Diligent is the leading governance, risk and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving 1 million users from over 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about GRC and ESG to ensure CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Principal Software Engineer
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be creating robust, scalable, and secure Serverless microservices that power our SaaS platform and make governance easy for our customers. You’ll have the full power of AWS at your disposal to build new Serverless solutions and to help migrating existing products to the new platform and architecture.
You will be a technology evangelist, creating and continuously communicating the architectural vision and driving its implementation. You are aware of the inter-dependencies of business, organization, process and software architecture and act as an entrepreneur to align these from an architectural perspective.
You will work in a truly global environment, interacting closely with leaders and teams from various backgrounds and locations around the world. Together with other Principal Software Engineers, you will promote technologies, standards, best practices, and shared services that underpin our product integration vision and commercial strategy. You will support simplification and standardization of our development practices and delivery pipelines, and push Diligent’s engineering culture towards Technical Excellence.
What you will do
- Design and implement secure, scalable, yet simple solutions using AWS Serverless technology. These solutions should strive to be event-driven, highly observable, with infrastructure as code, and tightly leveraging AWS’s ecosystem of services
- Research best practices for developing with AWS and assist teams in adopting these best practices into their solutions
- Guide the migration of private data center products to AWS and their integration to the common Diligent platform.
- Getting hands-on and participating in team deliverables
- Optimize teams’ development and delivery experience, so teams can be highly productive and regularly deploying to production
- Coach and mentor less senior developers, provide guidance on technical designs, and provide constructive feedback so everyone can grow and learn alongside you
- Drive collaboration and communication between teams on all matters related to architecture. Support the teams by providing documented standards and practices. Understand the challenges the teams face due to inconsistent architecture between products, and develop a strategy to address
- Enforce architectural standards and consistency when required to meet organizational goals.
- Work with individual teams to define architectural solutions that balance the team's tactical goals with the company's strategic vision
What you need to succeed
- 10+ years of professional experience building web applications in an agile environment
- Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate exceptionally strong technical, commercial, communication and leadership skills, and be driven, resourceful, and not intimidated by the significant challenges around integration of diverse products on disparate technology stacks.
- Strong ability to architect with AWS using Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform, CDK, or CloudFormation
- Strong understanding of distributed data storages (e.g. Aurora, DynamoDB, S3) and how to build a scalable platform using them
- Strong understanding of Event Driven Architecture and its applications
- Passion for optimizing software delivery, automating routine tasks, and building secure and resilient platforms
- Passion for learning and sharing your knowledge with others in your team or department
- Excitement for understanding our customers and their problems, so that we can champion Modern Governance all around the world
- Experience with a wide range of software development languages, frameworks, patterns, and tools
- You will need experience with legacy systems as well as new architectures and technologies and be able to balance the need for pragmatic solutions that leverage our existing assets with the desire for best of breed modern solutions to set a foundation for years to come.
- Managing relationships and team working - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively
What Diligent Offers You
- Creativity is ingrained in our culture. We are innovative collaborators by nature. We thrive in exploring how things can be differently both in our internal processes and to help our clients
- We care about our people. Diligent offers a flexible work environment, competitive vacation policy and meeting-free days across the company. We care about our team’s health and wellness and even offer a quarterly health club reimbursement!
- We have teams all over the world. We may be headquartered in New York City, but we have office hubs in Washington D.C., Vancouver, London, Galway, Budapest, Munich, Bengaluru, and Sydney.
- Diversity is important to us. Growing, maintaining and promoting a diverse team is a top priority for us. We foster and encourage diversity through our Employee Resource Groups and provide access to resources and education to support the education of our team, facilitate dialogue, and foster understanding.
Diligent created the modern governance movement. Our world-changing idea is to empower leaders with the technology, insights and connections they need to drive greater impact and accountability – to lead with purpose. Our employees are passionate, smart, and creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are a drug free workplace. Diligent is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Diligent's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
To all recruitment agencies: Diligent does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diligent employees or any other organization location. Diligent is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.