Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Security Technical Program Manager for Application Security, you will help us build and mature our application security program. You will help coordinate and run highly impactful initiatives across our engineering organizations. You will be critical in ensuring that complex multi-organization security solutions are tracked, measured, and delivered. You will use your expertise to streamline and improve application security processes and metrics, playing a vital role in the team making data driven decisions.
- Adept with identifying application security problems and opportunities
- Accustomed to delivering end to end technical programs through roadmapping and reliable execution
- Able to see how specific solutions fit into the broader strategy and the long view
- Flexible around process, using process as a tool when it makes sense for a team
- Data driven in your decision making
- Passionate about security goals
- Influential without authority
- Help us to build a more formalized application security program
- Partner closely with our Appsec, security, and engineering teams
- Help to define the problem space, collect requirements and lead engineering teams to plan high impact security initiatives and projects
- Align senior leadership and key stakeholders around program roadmap
- Hold security and engineering teams accountable for deliverables
- Manage programs from beginning to end, focusing on what is best for long-term success
- Unblock teams and allow them to stay true to top priorities
- Manage dependencies across teams and components
- 8+ years of experience in a technical program management role
- In-depth knowledge of Secure Development Lifecycle principles, methodologies, and practices.
- A technical background in application security
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining healthy partnerships across multi-disciplinary teams
- Capability of establishing working relationships across diverse teams
- Deep knowledge of common application security related industry standards such as OWASP Top 10, CWE/SANS Top 25
- Experience with using a risk-based approach to prioritization
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.