Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Deep Learning Engineer, you'll be building deep learning models and algorithms to solve computer vision problems across Roblox. The team is currently working on advanced recommendation systems and computer vision models. With daily active users growing at a record rate, we are looking for experienced machine learning engineers who are passionate about designing and building deep learning solutions to power Roblox's products.
- Lead the research, design, and development of deep learning models for visual understanding, including but not limited to object recognition, scene/content understanding, and image/video analysis.\
- Lead the research, design, and development of deep learning models for text understanding, including but not limited to question/answering, intent classification, query understanding, sentiment analysis.
- Implement and apply state of the art text/visual/multi-modal understanding models that will power Roblox search, recommendations, trust-n-safety, etc
- Define project roadmaps, milestones, and key results to achieve visual understanding goals.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to identify computer vision needs and develop solutions.
- Balance researching new technologies with a practical approach to realize the research efforts into the Roblox products
- Work in our San Mateo office.
- Report to the Senior Leader of Applied Machine Learning.
- 7+ years experience in designing and building deep learning solutions to solve computer vision problems. Capable of breaking down product requirements into iterative deliverable stages. Experience in launching computer vision models into production.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Vision, Deep Learning, or a related field. You have solid fundamentals in Computer Vision and Deep Learning.
- A Leader: You have initiated and facilitated challenging technical decisions across multiple teams and organizations.
- User oriented: While deeply technical, you always start with the needs of the user, whether they are Roblox users or internal engineers.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems. You simplify the complex. You bring in fresh ideas from new places.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.