Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
We are looking for a Principal Technical Support Engineer to assist our rapidly growing customer base. As part of our customer support team you will be the primary point of contact for Couchbase customers for all technical issues.
NoSQL databases are the answer to the demand for high speed, highly available, extremely dynamic data storage and Couchbase is at the forefront of this technology. Working in Couchbase Technical Support you’ll acquire highly coveted skills, essential to this technology, by navigating the world of NoSQL databases and the "big data" eco system. This includes working with Golang, learning about the principals and concepts of distributed systems, understanding what goes into good NoSQL database design, mobile data convergence, and becoming proficient in the best practices for building NoSQL-backed applications.
- Work with our customers during implementation and production of their Couchbase Server-based applications
- Troubleshoot and research customer issues. These can range from development time SDK questions to performance tuning or failure analysis
- Reproduce customer cases for detailed troubleshooting and analysis. This may include writing or modifying code or simulating node failure situations
- Become a product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on new features in Couchbase
- Identify and write internal and external technical articles or knowledge-base entries, like typical troubleshooting steps, workarounds or best practices
- 5+ years of experience working with users/developers to troubleshoot and resolve issues for backend infrastructure applications (e.g. databases, application servers, Hypervisors, etc.)
- 5+ years experience managing and troubleshooting Linux and Windows systems.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- Strong Unix/Linux administration skills
- Strong programming experience in one of the following languages: Java/C/Python
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed high-performance systems
- Excellent analytical skills, passion for pinning down technical issues, and solving problems
- Enjoy a fast-paced startup environment
- BS Computer Science or commensurate experience
- Fluent in Hebrew
- Must be able to commute/ relocate to the Tel Aviv office
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at. This year Couchbase was recognized as one of the UK's Best Places to Work. Couchbase offers a total rewards approach to benefits for the value you create here. Couchbase recognizes the need for financial wellbeing. We offer:
Flexible time off
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
Paid parental leave
Flexible Spending Account for the things you care about most
An ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, or assist in the setup of an efficient home office environment.
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.