In this role you will be helping to grow the Rackspace Cloud data practice. You will be the expert in the region and support the sales of our data projects on Google Cloud. Our Presales Data Architects are experienced technologists with technical depth and breadth, along with strong interpersonal skills. In this role, you will work directly with our sales team to propose solutions to customers to achieve business outcomes using Google Cloud.
This is a solutions pre-sales role that places significant emphasis on consultative engagements with a wide range of customer stakeholders, Business Owners, Business Analytics, Data Engineering teams, Application Development, End Users and Management teams.
Successful candidates will be adept at evangelizing the Rackspace Data Services value proposition – across Professional Services and Managed Services; aligning it to each unique set of customer challenges and articulating the business benefits that can be delivered.
A key aspect of the role is to engage with customers early in their transformation journey to establish Rackspace credentials as a partner that can help assess, plan and execute the required data transformation or modernization.
- Data Architect is client facing, pre-sales technologist that works with designated accounts and acts as a technical advocate for Rackspace clients.
- You are responsible for understanding clients’ business requirements as they pertain to Data solutions, qualifying opportunities and creating designs that match the requirements with appropriate products, managed and professional services.
- Is considered a thought leader and develops IP & collateral for data and analytics.
- Sells and positions implementation and advisory services primarily in their assigned LOB, but also understands and advises clients on where other strategic and advisory services fit their needs.
- Client Facing Sales Support – Works with sales account team, interfacing directly with the Rackspace prospects and customers.
- Builds trusted advisor relationships, understanding client’s business challenges and proposing solutions.
- Develops High Level Designs and Architectures – Creates and documents architectures that address client business problems which can be used to ensure a smooth transition from presales to delivery.
- Create Proposals – Develop proposals, SOWs (Statements Of Work), business cases and RFP responses,
- Sales Planning – Work with management and sales teams to develop account prioritization and support strategies that will ensure a long-term trusted relationship status.
- Partner Relationship Management – Develop healthy and trusted relationships with key partners in the geography.
- Intellectual Property Development – Contribute to the development of Rackspace intellectual property and industry recognition (white papers, speaking engagements etc.
- Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete timesheets in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required Administrative Overhead.
- Training – Develop and execute a professional plan that will enhance skills.
- Contribute to sales process improvement, including developing knowledge bases, creating sales tools, and mentoring other Solutions Architects
- 2+ years of Google Cloud experience and 5+ years of experience as a Data Architect with a proven track record and experience leading engagements from design to implementation of data analytics solutions.
- Advanced SQL skills, including the ability to write, tune, and interpret SQL queries; tool specific experience in the RDBMS listed above is ideal.
- Strong Spark, SQL, Data Modeling, Data lakehouse concepts.
- Experience in defining the technical architecture on Google Cloud involving Cloud Storage, BigQuery, Dataproc, Dataflow, and Cloud Functions.
- Experience in designing data models in BigQuery.
- Proven experience in migrating databases like Teradata to BigQuery.
- Proven experience in migration databases like mySQL, Postgres, and Oracle to Cloud SQL
- Certifications in architecture, data engineering and development on Google Clou
- Highly motivated self-starter and team player and demonstrated success in prior roles.
- Track record of success working through technical challenges within enterprise organizations
- Ability to prioritize deals, training, and initiatives through highly effective time management
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, presentation, and whiteboarding skills
- Track record of success dealing with ambiguity (internal and external) and working collaboratively with other departments and organizations to solve challenging problems
- Strong knowledge of technology and industry trends that affect data analytics decisions for enterprise organizations
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business required
- Experience may substitute for the degree requirement at a rate of 3 years’ experience for 1 year of education.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- This role is not sponsorship eligible
The following information is required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado. The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is $117,000-$188,500.
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on Benefits –offered.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.