Neo4j is the world’s leading graph data platform. We help organizations – including Comcast
, and Volvo Cars
– capture the rich context of the real world that exists in their data to solve challenges of any size and scale. Our customers transform their industries by curbing financial fraud and cybercrime, optimizing global networks, accelerating breakthrough research, and providing better recommendations. Neo4j delivers real-time transaction processing, advanced AI/ML, intuitive data visualization, and more. Find out more at neo4j.com
and follow us at @Neo4j
At Neo4j, we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships. We created, drive and lead the graph database category, and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
Neo4j is the world’s leading graph database, and our PreSales Consultants are the people that help customers realise its value every day. Neo4j has proven to be the go-to data management solution in use cases such as Fraud Detection, Recommendations Engines, Identity Access Management, Security, IT Management and Operations, Master Data Management and many more.
In the Neo4j Pre-Sales Consultants team, we are technologists who enjoy working directly with customers in various industries and with a wide range of technologies and architectures. We provide engineering and architecture leadership and development for the Neo4j-based solutions our customers are building.
The responsibilities of the Senior Presales Consultants cover a variety of tasks starting from understanding the prospective customer’s needs and environment, transforming the needs into an architecture containing leading-edge graph database technology and guiding all involved parties through a delivery process. Demonstrating Neo4j as a technology for specific domains, whiteboarding solution architectures, and engaging at the level of technical decision makers are examples of the day-by-day work. The Senior Presales Consultant understands business terminology, thinks in technical terms and combines both sides during the engagement.
In addition to being Graph Database experts, our PreSales Consultants understand and position other architectural components in our customers’ stack, such as other Big Data and NoSQL solutions, relational databases, caching services, messaging and access layer tools, and various frameworks to participate with Neo4j in a Polyglot Architecture.
What you’ll do
- Be an integral part of the Neo4j sales team, helping to persuade prospective Neo4j users of the benefits and advantages of graph database technology
- Position the Neo4j technology within the customer’s environment and architecture
- Discuss solution architectures with our customers to address the technical requirements of our customers’ projects
- Design and build prototype solutions that demonstrate required functionality with Neo4j
- Working with our customers’ teams, you’ll lead and contribute to all phases of the Neo4j PreSales projects
- Help prepare solution proposals for our customer’s engineering and management teams that help address the overall project goals
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a pre-sales or consulting role
- Extensive understanding and experience with database technologies and data modelling concepts
- Strong technical presentation and communication skills, written and verbal
- An ability to uncover business challenges and architect a solution to solve prospect pain points
- Passionate about solving technical problems
- The ability to inspire small and large groups
- Strong understanding of the sales process
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and remotely in a cross-functional organisation
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Fluent in German and English
Bonus Points if you have any of the following
- Graph DB-related experience, i.e. Neo4,j, or similar
- Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with databases, DevOps and open source technology
- Experienced in programming, e.g. Python, SQL and ETL tools
- Container technologies and Cloud knowledge
- An enthusiasm for blogging about solutions and technology
- Sales Methodology (e.g. MEDDIC, Challenger Sales)
Why Join Neo4j?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, engaging virtual events and a welcoming team. You will love your co-workers!
Neo4j is a privately held company with our U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California. We have employees located all over the world, from Thailand to Canada, many of whom work remotely, and we have offices in Sweden (Malmo and Stockholm), the UK (London) and Germany (Munich).
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We foster collaboration and each of us is empowered to contribute and put our innovative stamp on projects. We hire candidates who reflect the following Neo4j core values:
We value relationships
We focus on user success
We thrive in a culture that is open and inclusive
We assume positive intent
We welcome intellectually honest discussions
We deliver on our commitments
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Neo4j:
At Neo4j, we value relationships and that involves building an environment where everyone feels like they belong. We believe strong relationships involve being accountable, bringing our whole selves to work, valuing intellectually honest discussions and being receptive to new ideas and perspectives. One of our central goals is to provide an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace for everyone to develop their potential and have a positive, career-defining experience.
Are you intrigued by this role? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t 100% fit the qualifications above.