Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Who’s the team?
The Security team is critical to ensuring the platform and security systems are deployed, maintained and innovated in line with industry best practice and to best support the requirements of the Xero environment.
What’s the role?
You will be managing engineers/analysts in one (or more) teams, driving a culture of professional development, performance and open communication. You will be responsible for supporting your direct reports in becoming awesome Xeros, empowering them to deliver high-quality solutions, hone their engineering or analyst skills, and foster the growth of a world-class culture.
You’ll be part of a team of motivated People Leads collaborating on initiatives to continually improve people processes for recruitment, growth, training and other areas. You’ll also work with peers in product, engineering and other security teams as a cross-functional leadership team to ensure your pods have what they need to be successful.
What you'll do:
- Engage with Xero product teams to build close relationships and ways of working together
- Champion principles and practices that make it possible for teams to get great work done, while promoting a safe environment for people to experiment and learn
- Attracting, recruiting and retaining capable individuals, building on and complementing the diversity of our team
- Encourage the professional development across the team
- Role-modeling exemplary leadership, supporting and growing the next generation of leaders at Xero
- Act as an escalation point for issues or challenges that the team are facing
- Assist with implementing and customising practices that are appropriate at Xero
What you'll bring with you:
- Experience of managing software development and/or other teams using Lean-Agile techniques
- Excellent grasp of modern technologies
- Proven ability to balance the needs of the individual with the needs of the business.
- A growth mindset - you understand that competency is not fixed but is enhanced through dedication and hard work
- Proven ability to navigate areas of conflict in an open, positive and proactive way
- High EQ - you are self aware, self regulated, motivated and empathetic, with great interpersonal skills
- #ownership and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
If this sounds like a team and company you’d like to be a part of, apply today!
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.