Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use cloud based platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and that is core to driving Xero’s mission. Supporting a culture of inclusion is something we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. A part of that is to support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. So, from the moment you begin your journey with Xero, we will constantly strive to ensure you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
What you will be doing
The DevOps Enablement team is passionate about fostering a DevOps culture within Xero’s Business Products portfolio. We are a small (but growing), energetic and geographically distributed team of Software and Infrastructure Engineers focused on helping our product engineering teams ship better quality software, faster. We obsess about automation and measurement. Depending on the need (and your interests!), you could be; fully embedded within a team, providing consulting-like advice, or supporting on a critical issue to unblock a team.
What we want from you:
- Belief and advocacy that DevOps is not a set of tools or a particular team but a culture.
- A collaborative nature as you will be levelling up Software Engineering teams by; collaboration, simplification, development of reusable templates, education / outreach to enable them to deliver quality software to our customers with safety and fast feedback.
- Software Engineering experience (across multiple mainstream programming languages) and using / building practices such as CI / CD, infrastructure automation and / or orchestration.
- Experience in Infrastructure, Release, Reliability and / or Quality Engineering. We believe in the importance of T-shaped Engineers.
- Will relish spending lots of time talking to and collaborating with internal customers (other Software Engineering teams).
- A continuous improvement mindset.
Xero is continuing to grow and so are the opportunities to join us!
You can choose to perform this role:
-In one of our #beautiful offices (Wellington, Auckland or the Hawkes Bay)
-Flexibly, through a hybrid of in office and remote working styles
As a permanent remote worker at Xero we want to ensure you are getting the same #beautiful employee experience as our in-office Xero’s. Permanent remote Xero’s will benefit from a virtual ergonomic work assessment and funding to assist with the improvement of your at home work setup. Xero will also fund up to 4 trips a year to your most relevant region Xero office. You are part of our #team and we want to see you thrive!
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for a role at Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.