Job Summary: Rackspace is looking for an Information Security Engineer to join our team. This individual configures, improves, modifies, and evaluates security tools and services in our hosting-based environment. They specialize in conducting technology and system assessments, while providing technical consultation, to our customers, that offers unparalleled world-class service. As technology evolves, so does the safety needed, supporting Rackspace Cloud products, being adaptable, plus being relevant in the cybersecurity news is a very important part of the role. Information Security Engineers partner with additional teams and third-party vendors to resolve security vulnerabilities and respond to all security weak points. To be a successful Information Security Engineer with Rackspace you will leverage systems like web application (Web Application Firewall), network security (Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems), database encryption and key management, Anti-Virus, File Integrity Monitoring (FIM), and network authentication (two-factor), to build a fanatical customer outcome.
The Information Security Engineer will create and maintain customer loyalty by providing Fanatical Support above and beyond customer expectations.
Work Location: Remote
- Provide exceptional customer support via the phone, email and ticketing system
- Own level-appropriate customer requests and issues, seeing them through to resolution
- Escalate support requests to next-level engineers and other support teams according to escalation procedures
- Schedule and coordinate level-appropriate maintenances
- Communicate with Account Managers and Business Development Consultants to build strong customer relationships
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other Engineers
- Review and adhere to defined policy and process standards
- Documentation creation and contribution
- Ticket Contribution and Phone Availability: Working as a team to serve our customers, helping the overall team hit their targets while maintaining individual targets.
- Customer rating on work done via tickets
- Exceptional ticketing standards
- High level of first pass yield maintenances
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a related field
- A computer-related degree and/or relevant network, security, or system administration certifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (fluency in multiple languages is a plus)
- Must be able to work weekends, after hour shifts and/or holidays when required as the business needs
Any combination of the following technical certifications is preferred:
- CCNA (R&S, Security, or CyberOps) certifications
- Any SANS GIAC certifications
- RHCE or equivalent for Linux administration
- MCSA or equivalent for Windows administration
The Information Security Engineer has an intermediate knowledge of:
- Security concepts, principals and technologies
- Configuration and support of Intrusion Detection System (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) (Alert Logic, Firepower)
- Efficiently handle and respond to customer IDS alert tickets
- Execute vulnerability scans, review results, and provide guidance with internal teams on how to remediate (Alert Logic, Rapid7)
- Configuration, investigation, and analysis of Web Application Firewall (WAF) blocked events (Imperva WAF, Incapsula)
- Knowledge of common web security vulnerabilities and recommended remediation
- Configuration and support of Log Management tools (Alert Logic)
- Configuration and support of Two-Factor Authentication tools (Duo Security, RSA)
- Configuration and support of Anti-Virus tools (ESET, Sophos)
- Configuration and support of File Integrity Monitoring tools (FIM)
- Configuration and support of Database Encryption and Key Management tools (Vormetric)
- Minor configuration of Firewalls appliances (Cisco ASA/ASA-X/Firepower, Juniper SRX)
- Minor configuration of Load Balancers appliances (F5 LTM, Citrix Netscaler)
- Knowledge of IPSEC and SSL VPN technologies
- Troubleshoot network connectivity using industry standard packet capture tools
- Services and protocols commonly used in hosting environments: web servers, database servers, mail servers, name servers
- Networking concepts and devices (All OSI Layers)
- Windows and Linux operating system administration
- Understanding of public cloud security architectures, best practices, and services
- Provide guidance on different deployment strategies
- Maintain up-to-date vendor related roadmaps and scheduled releases
- Execute device firmware upgrades across various platforms based on security requirements / feature updates
- Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life
- Fluent, Bi-lingual (Spanish and English): interviews will be held in English.
- Role can work remotely in the states of Ciudad de Mexico, Jalisco, Nuevo Leon, Aguascalientes, Queretaro, Estado de Mexico and Puebla.
- This opportunity is a permanent remote job, but you need to be based in Mexico at one of the above locations.
-Working hours: Tuesday to Saturday 7am to 4pm.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.