Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
As a Marketing Data Analyst in the Digital Data & Analytics team, you will be responsible for delivering high quality data analysis and insights frameworks to enable fast decision making and strategic design. The Digital Data & Analytics team is responsible for empowering Xero to deliver successful digital, customer & marketing outcomes through actionable insights. We enable customer, marketing and product teams with key information to understand the current trends, customer and landscape, inform and motivate customer behavior and shape customer & marketing strategy.
This role is a hybrid role which will require the preferred candidate to be based out of our Denver office.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the wider Marketing & Customer stakeholders to identify and prioritize analytics requirements, with a focus on maximizing commercial insight and business performance
- Develop robust analysis that will guide and validate marketing, digital & product teams plans
- Use SQL to source data from many different databases
- Provide audience lists for marketing campaigns
- Work with large datasets and gain exposure to modern cloud-based data platforms
- Interpret insights, apply business context to them, and answer key business questions
- Identify any data quality issues and work with the Xero Digital Data team to resolve them
- Develop and publish analysis, reports and dashboards
- Investigate known or reported problem areas, or areas for improvement
- Measure, benchmark and analyze the performance of Xero’s digital experiences across multiple platforms and channels
- Develop campaign analytics frameworks
- Present complex analysis to stakeholders, in a simple and compelling way
- Enable teams with key information to understand the current marketing & customer landscape, inform and motivate customer behavior and shape strategy
- Develop Marketing ROI models
Success looks like
- Data is able to be used to create decision making systems which will help Xero proactively manage the customer experience, marketing growth, and improve conversion rate throughout their journey
- Marketing & Customer, Digital teams and leadership leverage learnings from data insights and make better fact based business decisions from it
- Build our data-driven customer solutions, ranging from models to findings which changes actions, creates measurable improved customer value as well as revenue impact
- Program recommendations and decisions are supported by robust data analysis
What you’ll bring with you - Technical skills
- Strong data literacy skills earned through a mixture of experience with data
- Ability to tackle unfamiliar domains and work with complex and diverse datasets
- Advanced knowledge in SQL for data extraction, manipulation and analysis
- Experience with Python would be a benefit
- Experience in statistical analysis
- Extensive experience in building predictive models
- Proficiency in Google Analytics & Mixpanel Big Query a plus
- Experience in building customer segmentation models
- Experience in building digital campaign analytics frameworks
- Ability to establish measurement and reporting frameworks
- Experience delivering analytics in the form of visualizations and interactive dashboards using Tableau or Microstrategy
- Ability to break down complex data and deliver meaningful, actionable insights to stakeholders in a clear and digestible way
What you’ll bring with you - Soft skills
- You’ll be eager to understand the business context to help inform your approach to the analytical activities, and solve customer problems alongside your stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to prepare clear professional reports
- Customer-centric mindset, with proven ability to recommend opportunities that drive greater advocacy
- Ability to collaborate with a cross functional project team
Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary of $104,000 - $130,000, commensurate with experience, plus an annual grant of Xero shares, calculated as a percentage of base salary.
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees also have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 12 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at up to 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.