Zoox is looking for an engineering manager to lead a highly functional team that’s building a massively scalable platform using microservices, cloud databases and message queues. This mission critical platform will store and serve the simulation metadata and results, integrate with other systems, and provide extremely performant APIs for building a sophisticated UI product.
The “Simulation Data Platform” team is building the foundation that can handle the exponential growth of data and at the same time meet the complex use cases for its consumption. The Simulation Data Platform powers the verification and validation of Zoox’s self-driving software.
As a Simulation Data Platform team leader, you will be responsible to strengthen the team and drive a culture of developing highly available and scalable systems. You and your team will achieve this goal by establishing strong engineering practices and working very closely with all the stakeholders.
- Lead a team of 5-10 software engineers working on a variety of interrelated projects
- Gather, define, and execute on requirements from a large set of customers such as the AI developers, QA engineers, Data Scientists and Triaging teams
- Work cross functionally with other teams to design new systems and feature requests
- Demonstrated ability to develop people and build a strong team.
- Experience driving projects from conception to delivery, by putting together roadmaps and execution plans
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with users to understand key issues and to solve the right problems
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in the Java ecosystem
- Experience in building distributed systems
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with Kafka or other messaging systems
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $203,000 - $293,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.