Zoox's Hardware Software Integration org is responsible for ensuring various hardware subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform on a day-to-day basis. The org is responsible for system integration, bring-up of vehicles, system verification and validation test design and development, debugging critical HW/FW integration issues, and supporting manufacturing/fleet operations.
The Fleet Triage & Stability sub-team within the HWSI org specifically focuses on triaging and root-causing vehicle level issues, looks at long-term containments, and develops tooling to improve diagnostics and fleet stability. The leadership role is essential and fundamental to the execution stage of Zoox's vehicle program, in ensuring the stability of the fleet. The team is composed of electrical, mechatronics, computer science, and integration engineers and works cross-functionally with the module, vehicle engineering, manufacturing, and fleet teams.
- Lead and drive debugging of the HW/SW issues to closure. Identify and work with key cross-functional partners to root cause and provide resolution.
- Define and establish system integration best practices for long term issue containment.
- Improve fleet KPI and stability.
- Develop tooling to improve diagnostics efficiency to reduce vehicle down time..
- Drive initiatives both within the team and cross-functionally.
- Provide feedback to engineering teams to improve future product versions.
- Develop new processes and human workflows to improve fleet stability.
- Talent management including coaching and growing team members.
- Assist with long term roadmap planning/ providing exec updates for quarterly planning, weekly updates.
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in Systems Engineering or Systems Integration Engineering.
- 2+ years of people management experience developing high-performing teams.
- Strong EE fundamentals with familiarity in microcontroller-based systems, high-speed signals, sensing, and power electronics. Experience with schematic design, PCB, and harness reviews.
- Fluency in Python or similar scripting language, familiarity with git/version management tools, SW debugging tools
- Proven track record of leading complex, multi-disciplinary investigations using systematic problem-solving strategies.
- Experience with hardware interfaces such as ethernet, CAN, USB, UART, LIN, and related testing/debugging tools.
- Fundamentals of behavior based robotics systems, including familiarity with publish/subscribe messaging systems, robot localization, sensing and sensor fusion.
- Experience enabling a new product manufacturing ramp from low to high volume.
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools such as Polarion/JIRA.
- Prior system engineering and integration experience.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $185,000 to $232,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling and positioning within a level are determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.