The manufacturing engineering team is responsible for assembling, diagnosing, and testing the Zoox vehicles. As the Manager of Equipment Engineering, you will be responsible to lead the team that designs, sources, commissions, ramp-up, and maintains all equipment needed to build and test our vehicles.
- Lead and grow a cross-functional team of engineers with diverse backgrounds in Manufacturing Engineering
- Lead the design, sourcing, commissioning, ramp-up, and maintenance of all equipment needed to support the current and future vehicle manufacturing needs
- Clearly define expectations for the engineering team which improves overall manufacturing solutions
- Leading continuous improvement efforts to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of assembly, diagnostics, and EOL Equipment
- Develop, implement, and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Partner with vehicle engineering, corporate quality, and supplier quality teams to identify opportunities for performance improvement and escalate to senior management as necessary to achieve success
- Coordinates and implements new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies, and concepts
- Deliver cost of manufacturing reductions
- Enable ramp of our production line to achieve launch schedules
- Lead development of equipment maintenance team and implementation of maintenance solution for expansion of manufacturing equipment systems
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of manufacturing engineers in a production environment
- Proven record of implementing complex assembly lines and managing large CAPEX project
- Extensive hands-on experience with key General Assembly and EOL equipment
- Good understanding and relationship with equipment integrators and the OEM industry
- Experience with Early R&D/Pilot Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability and Assembly
- Experience transitioning products from prototype to production and from small-scale production to mass production.
- Proficiency in mechanical and electrical assembly (GD&T, adhesive bonding, mechanical pressing, torque control)
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Exemplary analytical ability, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and flexible environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for equipment benchmarking, procurement, and acceptance validation
- Automotive Assembly experience at the OEM or Tier I level
- Experience using Dassault 3DX (Delmia/CATIA) and SAP ME/MII
- Experience in automation, AGVs, and robotics
- Experience working with local permitting and regulatory agencies
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $167,000 to $277,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.