** This position is Hybrid- Must reside in Mexico City and come into office a few days a week. (C.Lago Zurich 219-Piso 11, Amp Granada, Miguel Hidalgo, 11529 Ciudad de Mexico)
** Must be fluent in English
Serves as a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and provides technical support to our customers over the phone, chat and/or via support tickets. Owns customer issues through resolution with an emphasis on meeting strict SLA requirements. Applies creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems, while at the same time keeping the customer aware of every step along the way via the ticketing system. Maintains, troubleshoots, and supports a varied set of customer solutions utilizing technologies across the Rackspace product portfolio. The Administrator creates and fosters customer loyalty by exemplifying the Fanatical Experience and embodying Rackspace’s Core Values. Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.
Work Location: Hybrid
- Other Incidental tasks related to the job, as necessary.
- Resolve or escalate level-appropriate technical issues for customers in accordance with team playbook guidelines via phone and ticketing
- Secure, administer, and improve customer technical issues which can include OS level, webserver, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP, user management and permissions, or other software issues
- Troubleshoot monitoring alerts and create tickets accordingly
- Escalate support requests according to escalation procedures
- Second rollover point for inbound customer calls
- Perform incident management identification, assist in managing and escalation
- Ensure adherence to customer & SLA commitments
- Monitor ticket response times and take appropriate actions to ensure team response time targets are met
- Collaborate with Account Managers and Business Development Consultants to build strong customer relationships
- Technical education or job acquired knowledge related to the duties of the role.
- 1-2 years of technical customer support experience OR education/certification to a level of proficiency to perform the role duties
- Technical customer support experience in a client-centric ticket queue environment
- Basic OS troubleshooting knowledge with OS specialism in Linux
- Ability to provide increased level of investigation into CPU usage, memory, disk usage using appropriate OS specific tools or commands
- Basic understanding of OS specific webhosts and database technologies, such as MYSQL/ PACHE for Linux
- Basic understanding of SSL & DNS
- Prefer basic understanding of patching - documents changes based on requests for change
- Prefer basic ability to apply change control procedures
- Prefer familiarity with basic cross platform troubleshooting tasks
- Prefer awareness of virtualization and/or cloud technologies e.g. VMWARE, Hyper-V, KVM and/or OpenStack
- Requires basic technical skills in analytical/scientific methods or operational processes to perform routine and straightforward activities
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and improve both technical and ‘people’ skills
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicates basic technical information with team members
- Strives for performance improvements in oneself and peers
- Leads by example and motivates team members
- Organizational skills with the ability to provide quality at pace
- Ability to work at a team level as well as an individual level
- Ability to interact confidently with more senior and/or skilled areas of the business
- Able to communicate constructive feedback effectively
- Ability to adapt to changing business and technology requirements
- Certifications Lists
- Requires LPIC-1 or RHCSA for Linux specialization
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.