Metatheory Inc. is a technology-driven entertainment company building Web3 games, interactive multi-platform stories, and virtual world experiences imagined across innovative collective story franchise IPs. We are a remote first dynamic team of builders, developers, and entrepreneurs including several key founding members of Twitch along with multiple Emmy and Peabody winning producers and storytellers.
Our flagship IP is DuskBreakers, an eccentric, interactive sci fi saga set in a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious alien ship (The Dusk) becomes a beacon of hope for humanity. The franchise spans games, animated content, NFTs, and other media formats.
At Metatheory, we are creating the next wave of Web3 games that put the focus on fun and player engagement in fully fleshed out digital worlds. We are passionate about creating systems that can connect to a broader metaverse, that push the boundaries of innovation in the Web3 space, that capture authentic gamer experiences and bring joy to our players. We want passionate, self-starters that love gaming and are passionate about making large changes in the gaming industry.
- Identify, design, and develop new features and components requested by the business team
- Participate in team cross-training and mentoring of junior developers
- Review and provide specs for supporting documentation
- Integrate Unity systems written by team members into project codebases to create a fully realized set of features and functionality
- Develop features and functionality within our games and systems
- Coordinate with your team to define development timeframes, dependencies, and areas of risk to be considered in project planning
- Special projects and performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to write documented, unit testable, C# code, that is compliant with our company coding conventions and standards
- Proven experience building software with Unity (games or apps), ideally that are consumer facing and content driven
- Team Leadership experience
- NET, C# programming experience
- Strong attention to detail, rigorous in self-testing code and delivering high quality work
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- A high level of motivation as a self-starter
- Ability to quickly find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Experience working in Unity
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Capable of translating business requirements, wireframes, and more into application architecture as an analytical thinker
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Candidates should be comfortable working in a remote, fast-paced, fluid, and ever-changing startup environment. We are currently remote first and will always embrace work from home culture, although we may have some more offices in the future. Candidates should be excited about the future potential of blockchain, but no prior experience is required.