? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product - with both impact and a great user experience. So if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing a rather old-fashioned industry, get in touch. You can find out more about the Qonto Way here
launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has made great strides:
- Becoming market leader for online SME banking in Europe with 300,000 SME clients
- Getting recognized as one of the Top 10 startups to work for (LinkedIn
- Opening offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, Barcelona and Belgrade
- Recently joining forces with Penta, a market leader, based in Berlin and Belgrade to strengthen our growth
- 900+ happy Qontoers building a finance solution businesses love to use.
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other
The mobile engineering team at Qonto currently has over 63 highly skilled engineers, who come from all over the world, working closely to shape the best business finance solution app.
As the iOS Team Leader,
you will report directly to Guillaume
our Head of Mobile
and you'll be in charge of scaling and managing a part of the iOS team. You’ll work on delivering high-quality code quickly, by improving your teammates' skills and helping them solve the problems they face. On top of strong technical experience, you'll also have strong leadership skills and the ability to manage a team.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Lead iOS Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Manage a team of 4 to 7 iOS Engineers
• Foster collaboration with engineering, product, and design leads to define a vision and strategy for your team
• Drive the delivery of your team to reach business objectives
• Ensure high quality by establishing and using the best engineering good practices in your team
• Hire the best talents to build a collaborative, inclusive, and supportive team culture
• Orient and support your team through regular feedback, 1&1 sessions, pairing sessions, mentoring, and quarterly progress reviews
• Make the iOS Qonto team shine by encouraging internal and public presentations
• Support a critical service used by tens of thousands of users on a daily basis
Our app is 100% written in Swift and based on MVP and Coordinators architecture. Our CI is composed of Gitlab, Firebase (distribution, Test Lab), Bitrise, and Sonar.
• A high focus on tech quality is done :
• Using Clean Code / SOLID principles
• Investing effort on tests: 4000+ units tests, 300 UITests, Snapshot tests
• Following a component approach, using our design system.
Want to know more about the mobile team's performance indicator? Click 👉here 👈
🧠 What you could work on
As part of our Engineering department, you will work within one of our cross-functional teams, each team handling part of our product. A few examples of these teams are:
💳 Cards: the team responsible for building all the functionalities around Qonto credit cards. For example, the cards order flow, the cards settings screens, the insurance page.
✈️ Onboarding: the team guiding users through a delightful and frictionless sign-up experience.
💶 Spend Management: the team building seamless workflows for employees to make payments and for finance teams to manage expenses.
📊 Dashboard: let clients monitor their relevant financial activities.
🧮 Bookkeeping: Provide a Bookkeeping solution that saves our clients time while ensuring control over their accounting requirements (e.g. receipts, vat, accounting records)
💹 Pricing: Provide transparent price plans and information on billing and consumption
🌎 Transfers: Pay and be paid by checks, SWIFT, SEPA transfers as fast as possible by anyone at a fair price
✅ Lately the team has worked on:
• Giving access to a new Organization role, the Manager. Managers are allowed to have their own account and can manage the expenses for their team
• Admins can fine-tune access rights for their Managers and Employees
• We revamped our price plans and provided the ability to compare and switch plans from your app
• Admins have more and more options to control the usage of their team credit cards (limits per day, per amount, per merchant)
• We completely rebranded our applications
⭐️ What you can Expect
• Work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on quality
• Build and improve features used by 220K+ clients across Europe
• Participate in the decision-making process, based on qualitative/quantitative data.
• Keep learning and improving: 4 weeks dedicated to specific training, budget for 1 conference every year and for books, online training..., and practices showcasing continuous improvement.
• Share knowledge among the whole tech and product team (Internal and external talk, Weekly meetings, Tech Monthly) and the community (articles, Meetups)
🤝 Your future Head of
Your Head of will be Guillaume
who is in charge of the Mobile team.
• His Background? Coming from a Software Engineering background, Guillaume started to nurture his mobile practices +10 years ago. Over the past years, he worked in the music streaming industry and then on building a marketplace for homeowners and tradespeople for some London-based startups before joining Qonto. After 6 months as an Android developer, he seized the opportunity to build and lead the mobile team.
• What does he bring to the team? Together with the Mobile leads, Guillaume continuously improves the team’s operating system to reduce waste, reach top quality in our product and grow team members towards proficiency.
• Mastery: You have strong development experience in Swift and a good understanding of the iOS SDK.
• Leadership skills: Through your first successful management or mentoring experience, you demonstrated your ability to help people grow and work together on a successful project.
• Team player: Thanks to excellent communication skills, you already worked on a large iOS team and know what it means to scale a team, diffuse knowledge across a team, or even break silos.
• Best Practices: You embody the Clean Code principles and other management best practices.
• Make an impact: You want to build a product that is used by thousands of companies, in a fast-growing environment.
• Languages: You are fluent in English. French is a plus
"If you read this far and feel like this could be a great opportunity for you, please don’t self-reject and just hit the button “Apply”!
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
Office & Team Life
- A fully-renovated building in the center of Paris with WeWork
- The latest equipment from Apple
- Monthly team events
- Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
All our benefits
- A competitive salary package
- Remote Policy: from 2 days per week to Full remote
- 5 to 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
health insurance, Moka Care
to take care of your mental health, and Gymlib
for sports and wellness activities
- An inclusive environment with a focus on parity: 44% of our teams are women
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act
(1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 60+ nationalities) including access to Busuu
to improve your language skills
- Career tracks and mobility opportunities that can match all expectations
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!