Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre
launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 350,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1000 Qontoers. We also made it to the Top 3 of LinkedIn Top Startups France
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here
Our beliefs: Diversity brings success. We actively recruit people from a range of backgrounds, employ inclusive hiring techniques; and work with our external partners to continually increase and improve our DEI initiatives. As a result, we obtained a rating of 87/100 in 2023 for the annual Index of professional equality and are happy to say that 44% of our teams are women.
To achieve Qonto's ambitious goals, we created the Data team, responsible for overseeing data analysis, engineering, and science. In just two years, our data department has grown from 5 to 50 people, and we continue expanding!
As a Lead Analytics Engineer, you will collaborate closely with the Data Engineers Pipeline team to build our next-generation Data Platform. You will lead and grow the Analytics Engineering team who stages the relevant transformations from the Data lake to the Data warehouse to ensure efficient data models.
What is our Data platform? Its main function is to provide high-quality and available data to all Qonto employees using the Modern Data Stack (Snowflake, dbt, Airflow, Tableau). Specifically, it provides data to all data teams: BI, Data Science, and Data Products.
👩💻🧑💻As a Lead Analytics Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Strengthen your team:
-Manage a team of 4 Analytics Engineers.
-Guide and support your team by providing regular feedback, conducting 1:1 sessions and pairing sessions, offering mentorship, and conducting quarterly progress reviews.
-Drive your team's delivery to reach their objectives.
-Encourage collaboration with the Data Pipeline and BI teams.
• Build our Data Platform:
-Restructure the Data model: Make it minimal and efficient.
-Build and maintain the data modeling layers: Ensure that meaningful data is accessible and ready for analysis.
-Work closely with the Data Pipeline: Schedule, enhance and monitor daily data transformation pipelines together.
-Work closely with Data Analysts: Collaborate on developing and designing analytical projects.
-Ensure high quality: Establish and use the best engineering practices.
-Design, build, test, document, run, review, and maintain production code in Python.
-Train other team members: Enable colleagues with self-service data features by providing training on the tooling you set up for them.
🤔 What you can expect
• Join the team that is winning SME banking in Europe. Qonto is on track to power one million SMEs in 2025.
• Work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on quality.
• Build and improve features used by 350K+ clients across Europe.
• Participate in the decision-making process based on qualitative/quantitative data.
• Keep learning and improving: there are four weeks dedicated to specific training, a budget for one conference every year, as well as books, online training, and practices showcasing continuous improvement.
• Share knowledge among the whole tech and product team (internal and external talks, weekly meetings, and Tech Monthly) and the community (articles, meetups).
🤝 Your future Manager
, VP of Data will be the one to help you succeed
• His background? Before joining Qonto, Jeremie was an associate professor at Telecom Paris and Telecom SudParis. He led data teams for some of France's most reputed digital companies and still advises several deep tech startups. He teaches at Ecole Polytechnique and co-authored over 50 scientific papers.
• What does he bring to the team? Jeremie defines a clear vision and path to success for our data platform, BI, data science analytics, and data products teams. He ensures they operate efficiently and has a smooth collaboration with other departments at Qonto. He also helps them continuously learn new skills while improving their existing ones and is still very involved in the hiring of his teams.
Mastery: You have extensive experience in SQL and Python. You excel in data modeling best practices and have a strong knowledge of DBT.
Leadership: Through your past experience, you have demonstrated the ability to help people grow and work together on successful projects.
Problem Solver: You know how to overcome challenges with scalable solutions, without over-engineering. You prefer simple solutions and are obsessed with quality.
Team Player: You are able to work collaboratively across departments, giving credible ETAs and meeting them, and helping others.
Communication Skills: You have effective communication skills, able to build alignment, articulate purpose, and interact with non-technical colleagues.
Languages: You speak English
Qonto is an open-minded company. Don’t tick all the boxes? Apply and we’ll let you know if we think you could fit the role. You never know ☺️
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 23 days of paid leave + 5 additional days of paid leave
- An Edenred
lunch card: 100% covered
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
-A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act
(1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us: