Our mission 🚀
Founded in 1999, Scaleway, the cloud of choice, helps developers and businesses to build, deploy and scale applications to any infrastructure. Located in Paris, Amsterdam and Warsaw, Scaleway’s complete cloud ecosystem is used by 25,000+ businesses, including European startups, who choose Scaleway for its multi-AZ redundancy, smooth developer experience, carbon-neutral data centers and native tools for managing multi-cloud architectures. With fully managed offerings for bare metal, containerization and serverless architectures, Scaleway brings choice to the world of cloud computing, offering customers the ability to choose where their customer’s data resides, to choose what architecture works best for their business, and to choose a more responsible way to scale.
Our journey 💡
We want all our actions and decisions to bring us closer to achieving our vision: building and scaling technologies that make sense to us, to our customers and their end users. Scaleway is the challenger nobody’s expecting.As our business scales, the customers and developers we serve are increasingly diverse and global. Giving them an unbeatable experience is central to our business strategy and value proposition. To better understand them, we've discovered that the best way to deliver the highest value and performance is by incorporating a well-rounded team that leverages diverse perspectives, knowledge, skills, and cross-cultural understanding.
Our values 💜
Singularity: We do it our own way.
Community: One company, one culture
Adventure: Level up if you dare, never stop innovating.
Leadership: Be the leader you want to follow.
Excellence: We want to be customers' first choice as a cloud provider.
Rock Solid: You can always count on us!
About the job
Integrating juniors into our environment is no easy thing, but it is extremely important to us. Each Junior Cloud Builder starts their adventure with us by joining a training center for four months. During this time, you will follow a skill improvement program covering topics like agility, the cloud, development practices and teamwork.
A team of mentors will be there to train you in the use of our stack and practices. You will work on several topics and projects for Scaleway, via the “agency”, an internal company manned by our juniors, which will help you discover our IT service as a team and to make your first commits in a secure environment.
After this period of 4 months training, you will join the product teams depending on their needs, your preferences and your areas of expertise.
Your role as a Junior Cloud Builder will be to contribute to developing the services provided by our on-demand cloud computing ecosystem. With your general development skill set, you will be part of the product teams. Scaleway provides varied services, ranging from IaaS to PaaS. We design on-demand managed services allowing developers freedom from such problems as computing, database storage, orchestration etc.
Our job is a little unusual: we build tools and services for developers. Scaleway’s cloud builders are software engineers with an interest in infrastructure and architecture. We do better than just using the cloud, we are building one!
We are looking for junior profiles. You must be passionate about code, and curious about cloud computing professions. Long-term internships or apprenticeships, an open source contribution in one or more projects and/or an in-depth knowledge of at least one of our fields would be a plus.
- You are graduate of an engineering school, undergone a sufficiently long training to acquire advanced development skills or passionate self-taught individual with a good technical level and a strong learning capacity,
- You have initial professional experience in development or have worked on academic or personal projects that have allowed you to acquire a good technical level,
- You have a good overall tech culture,
- You are passionate and curious,
- You are autonomous and enjoy working in a group,
- Good command of English
- Passionate about quality and taking initiatives to improve what needs improving,
- Possess working knowledge of cloud environment,
- Experience in a high-availability context,
- Skilled in network or infrastructure,
- You can code in at least one programming language,
- You are good with algorithms,
- You have a strong basis in object-oriented programming and/or functional programming,
- You have a solid knowledges in version control with Git,
- You have already used (or at least tested out of curiosity) the following tools and concepts: Docker, CI/CD pipeline, databases, Linux, infrastructure as code, Cloud services.
This position is based in our offices in Paris.
- HR Interview
- Team Technical Interview
On average our process lasts 2-3 weeks and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Important note: if you don't see yourself ticking all the boxes don't hesitate to apply anyway. Don't limit yourself to a job description, you never know!