Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
Are you looking to track down and tackle mission-critical problems head on? Then we’re looking for you.
This is your chance to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar industry, change how the world accesses information, and reinvent the way businesses deliver amazing customer experiences.
If you like distributed systems, then you’ll like this! Couchbase is looking for all roles under R & D Engineering organization, your job will be to design, implement, test, troubleshoot & support cutting-edge distributed, scale-out data infrastructure software systems. You will be part of a team working on hard problems, including Cloud DBaaS, Serverless Databases, distributed caching, distributed key-value and document data stores, data replication & conflict resolution, scale-out fault tolerance and data-layer reliability. You’ll work with Golang, C/C++, Java, Python and possibly a few other languages thrown in for good measure. You will probably bring Unix systems and server tech kung-fu to the team.
Like open source? So do we: Couchbase and its engineers are active open source contributors for Couchbase, Memcached, and other projects
What you will do in this role:
- Work on the world’s best distributed database server infrastructure and best database as a service (DBaas), including serverless database as a service which companies rely on for mission critical OLTP needs
- Discuss and debate with your peers as you help figure out product requirements and the architectural approach to getting things built, tested & supported
- Design, implement, test, troubleshoot & support needle-mover capabilities across server, mobile, sdks, cloud, SDET (DBaaS & Serverless) with simplicity, elegance and economy
- Think quality; think leverage. Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end automation tests so we know we have high-quality software
What we require from our applicants:
- (0-2)- years of experience only
- Only passing year of 2020/2021/2022 are considered
- Should have completed Education: BE/ B-Tech / M-Tech with strong Computer Science Fundamentals. Should have 8 and above CGPA without which the profile will not be considered
- Experience in working with languages like Go, Java, Python and you can hack in C, C++ as well
- You think distributed systems problems, concurrent/multi-threaded programming and data structures are cool
- You’re a self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual
- You learn quickly and you enjoy worthy challenges
- You’re a good communicator and an excellent team player
- You like working in organisations that strive to have a good balance between doing it right and moving quickly
- You might even have some real-world functional programming experience
- You’re particular about your toolset, because you have it set up just how you like it and when you’re at your best you’re insanely productive
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Couchbase offers a total rewards approach to benefits for the value you create here. Couchbase recognizes the need for financial wellbeing. We offer flexible time off, Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, paid parental leave, and a Flexible Spending Account for the things you care about most. We provide an ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, or assist in the setup of an efficient home office environment.
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.