Location: Warsaw, Cracow, Gdańsk
When Volt launched in 2019, we recognised how open banking has the power to transform how businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers. So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of $23.5 million Series A and $60 million Series B funding rounds, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
About the role
As a Golang Software Engineer you will be responsible for developing an application that builds reports for our merchants (payments, settlements, billing). You will join a project which is being built from scratch.
- Develop software applications using your extensive knowledge of Golang (1.20+) and associated technologies,
- Participate in software design meetings and analyse user needs to determine technical requirements,
- Write efficient, reusable and maintainable code, whilst adhering to coding standards,
- Apply relational database technologies for optimum solution per specification,
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimisation,
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary,
- Manage time appropriately and clearly communicate changes in effort or scope,
- Contribute to documentation where required,
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends.
- You have 2+ years of experience in developing applications using Golang,
- Experience designing and developing gRPC and RESTful APIs,
- You will be able to demonstrate experience working with PostgreSQL,
- You have experience with AWS services (SQS, ECS),
- You are familiar with microservice architecture,
- You possess experience in writing tests to ensure code quality,
- You possess strong communication skills, ability to explain your decisions to the team in written and spoken English,
- Prior experience with Apache Kafka and Fintech products are more than welcome.
- We secured $60 million in Series B funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast,
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energising to be part of,
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals,
- During the week we mostly work remotely but for those who prefer to be in the office we arranged coworking spaces in Warsaw (Business Link Astoria) and Cracow (Loftmill),
- Every Thursday, our employees meet and enjoy working together at the Puro Hotel in Cracow and Warsaw. There is always an opportunity to eat lunch together and grab some drinks after hours,
- Every occasion is a good reason for celebration; we organise Christmas parties and company retreats,
- We care about our employees’ health, so you will be provided with Multisport card and medical insurance by Luxmed,
- We offer paid holidays (pssst...we will give you one day off extra for your birthday),
- In addition, once every two months on Friday we close down all comms at Volt - a digital detox. The whole business is officially ordered to take the day off!
- If you want to work in a company with a great, start-up atmosphere, you don’t have to look further :)
- Selected candidates will be invited for an initial interview with our People & Culture representative. The video meeting will take about 30 minutes,
- Then it’s time for a technical interview! The meeting will be conducted by our Technical Recruiters and will last 1,5 hours,
- Our SVP of Technology would also like to chat with you :) You can expect the meeting to last approximately 45 minutes,
- If successful, you will be given a job offer proposal.
Seems like a place you would like to be a part of? Our Engineering Team is waiting for you!