About Us 🌎
EcoCart's mission is to make the fight against climate change easy, accessible, and affordable for everyone. We live at the intersection of E-Commerce and Climate Tech and build software that determines the ecological footprint of the manufacturing and delivery of goods sold by e-commerce brands around the world. Then through consumer-facing features, EcoCart enables shoppers to offset the emissions of the goods they are purchasing by donating to offset projects that EcoCart vets and supports. We are backed by top VCs, executives from Facebook, Affirm, & Klaviyo, and by top-tier e-commerce founders of Chubbies, Blue Bottle Coffee, BarkBox, & Felix Gray.
We are a 40-person, remote-first company looking for people who are motivated by being part of a team building products that will help change the world. We're growing quickly, and want you to grow with us - Join us in our mission to make commerce sustainable!
Salary Range: $140,000 - $160,000
This role will be the 6th hire on our Merchant and Shopper Experience team, which owns the ideation, design, development, and roadmap of all user-facing features for our Merchants and Shoppers. Whether developing new features or working on making our existing product more scaleable, you will be working with a tight-knit group of engineers who is highly collaborative, thoughtful, and eager to experiment with the latest and greatest technologies.
The technologies most heavily used in this team are React, Node, Typescript, and tools within the AWS ecosystem.
We are looking for 🔎
A self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, who shares our customer obsession and strives to deliver the most delightful customer experience. We need someone with the ability to write write readable, well-documented code, who can take ownership and solve complex problems quickly and efficiently.
The right candidate will be knowledgeable about modern browser technologies and their idiosyncrasies, and be highly detail oriented with a data-driven decision making process.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to make an outsized impact by building creative products that are helping save the world!
A Day in the Life
- Work to implement best-practice processes that enable us to scale fast, but thoughtfully
- Understand high-level business requirements and use those to guide product feature design without hand-holding from the rest of the team
- Maintain the long-term quality and stability of the platform
- Implement automated and manual testing strategies to maintain the highest quality user experience
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to develop tools that enable growth at scale
- 3+ years of full stack development experience
- 2+ years of TypeScript and Node.js experience
- 2+ years building production-ready front-end applications using React, React Native, or other frameworks.
- Experience with REST, RDBMS/NoSQL
- Experience with Containerization (Docker)
- Experience with AWS tooling and infrastructure
- Experience integrating with complex API backends
- Experience working with small teams in a startup environment
- AWS CDK Experience
- Experience working with Shopify / other e-commerce applications
-Series A Equity
-Best-of-the-best options for medical, dental, & vision insurance
-Mental health benefits
-Periodic days of rest, where the entire company enjoys a day off!
-Proactive, collaborative company culture with a shared vision for climate impact!