The Servian Cloud SRE and Application Development (AppsDev) squads are at the centre of our strategy for scaling, and constantly improving our DevOps managed services. The person in this role will be focused on full-stack development working on both front-end and back-end processes. They will be responsible for design, development, and maintenance of fully-fledged and functioning applications typically deployed across cloud platforms.
Day-to-day technical delivery of contracted operational deliverables to agreed SLAs, driving and delivering a backlog of enhancements and optimisation/automation initiatives.
Forming part of a team of SREs who drive the onboarding and operational support of multiple customer environments and platforms, the governance of their accounts, along with the continuous improvement backlogs for each. You’ll participate in building a team culture of good architecture, driving best practice operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, and cost optimization with fellow team members and across Servian more broadly.You’ll work closely with a range of experienced, and talented technicians from across Servian, and continue to develop our own set of Company standards, patterns and frameworks for secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure, applications and workloads.
Hands-on experience with the following technologies would help you hit the ground running:
- Backend frameworks for Java EE such as Spring MVC, Spring Boot, to mobile application frameworks such as Android for native application development and Flutter for cross-platform application development
- Frontend frameworks such as React, Angular, or other Modern monitoring tooling, including Prometheus, ELK, Splunk and cloud-native offerings such as StackDriver and Azure
- Monitor Modern Operations Automation (Infra-as-code) tools and scripting experience for orchestration and maintenance, using Ansible, OpenShift, Hashi Vault & Terraform, Elastic etc.
- CI/CD tooling, including Azure DevOps, Cloud Build, Bamboo, Jenkins etc.
- Polyglot software engineering or in-depth automation and scripting experienceIn-depth IaC and automation scripting experience, including Ansible and Terraform.
- 3+ years experience in Application Development and/or API Development role
- Experience writing Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience architecting and implementing on AWS, GCP, and or Azure (multiple preferable but at least one). Upskilling on the other clouds will be expected and training provided
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Strong technical disposition for cloud infrastructure, observability, and performance management
- Instincts for identifying, documenting and mitigating risks
- Attention to detail and a fervent belief in a Duty of Care to our clients
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Where verbal skills are poor, we support and advocate Toastmasters for our staff
- Strong ITIL knowledge share and commitment to professional documentation
- Able to mentor and develop team members and be open to mentoring
If this role sounds of interest, or you would like to hear about other exciting opportunities get in touch with the Servian Talent Acquisition Team.