Zoox’s L5 robot tools are an integral part of the day-to-day operation of our fleet of purpose built autonomous robotaxis. As an engineer on our L5 Robot Tools team, you will collaborate with industry leaders in robotics, vehicle development and operations to simplify and expedite the operation and development of our fully custom robot. This role is well suited for anyone who thrives in ambiguity, has experience in multiple domains and has a willingness to learn AV-specific concepts. If you have a passion for working directly with users on R&D platforms, this is the role for you.
- Build the operator frontend interface to our purpose built autonomous robotaxi for daily R&D operations such as vehicle start-up and diagnosis.
- Build the next generation of our pipeline to the robot to allow fleet technicians to seamlessly diagnose and repair our growing fleet remotely.
- Work with our technicians and vehicle engineers to develop world class service tools.
- Experience in more than one domain of software engineering (web, distributed systems, robotics, IoT, etc.).
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with networking, routing, or application-layer protocols like gRPC or DDS.
- Experience with system design & architecture.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Software, Firmware and Vehicle Hardware engineers.
- Robotics or automotive experience.
- Experience with a modern web framework (React, Vue, Angular), or willingness to learn one.
- Experience with distributed systems, telemetry, or cloud platforms.
- Experience with embedded or IoT hardware such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $160,000 to $225,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.