Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
You are a Frontend Engineer who crafts delightful web interfaces, designs, prototypes new and innovative experiences, and implements features while advocating for UX.
Here's a brief look at what success looks like in this role:
*In 3 months time- you'll have collaborated with the team to build and have shipped a material contribution such as a new feature, regularly contributed to code reviews, and fixed a new bugs.
*In 6 months time- you'll have earned the trust of the team and have taken on independent code review responsibilities while collaborating on the design of new features.
*In 12 months time- you'll have delivered tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development with some guidance and have established a cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Collaborate with product managers and backend engineers to own, build, iterate, and ship new features to enhance the cloud products user experience
- Collaborate with frontend engineers across teams to collaborate on design decisions and standardize methodologies
- Write various kinds of tests including unit and Cypress integration tests
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Program mostly in TypeScript, and learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Key technologies this role will employ: TypeScript, React, Redux, CSS and CSS-in-JS, Cypress, Functional Programming, Go (Golang), Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, Grafana, Prometheus, Alert Manager, Thanos, Terraform, Vault, Couchbase Server, Datadog
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions within complex systems
- You love to build delightful and accessible user experiences using web technologies
- You enjoy working remote with people from all over the world
- You care deeply about software quality and operability, and better ways of building software
- Value clear, open communication. We value thoughtful feedback, regular dialogue, and collaboration as fundamental skills on our team.
The anticipated starting base pay range for this role is $170,000 - $208,000 per year. Base salary is not the only component of our competitive total rewards package - you will also be eligible for a bonus, equity, and other benefits as described below. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies
that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
- Unlimited time off (DTO)
- Matching 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Monthly credit towards a lifestyle spending account
- An ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, to assist in the setup of an efficient WFH and office environment
-And much more!
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.