Webstacks is a high performance website operations and growth marketing agency established in 2020. We have quickly grown into a 55-person company because of our innovative website operations methodology, strong partnerships, and high-growth clients. We are constantly setting larger goals and stopping at nothing to achieve them. Our team’s dedication is humbling, and we are looking for another motivated individual to help us reach the next level. Our mission is to transform the way the world’s most influential SaaS, FinTech, and Blockchain companies compete in today's digital landscape.
We’ve made tremendous strides in disrupting the typical expectation of engineers at an agency. Technology is at the core of Webstacks and is our largest department. Because of this, we encourage open-source and the constant evolution of our tech stack. We partner with best-of-breed web technology providers to build on the most modern frontend frameworks.
We are looking for a Front-end Developer to help produce the best in class digital experiences for our clients and can't wait for you to join the team!
Culture at Webstacks
Webstacks has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
Details of the Role
- Type of Work: Full-time
- Location: San Diego/ Remote
- Years of experience: 2-3 Years
The Day to Day
- Highly experienced using JS Frameworks (React, Typescript, Gatsby.js, Next.js, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Strong understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Proficient understanding of NodeJs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- An excellent ability to convert Figma/Sketch mockups into interactive digital experiences
- Excellence in verbal and written communication, and in working collaboratively with a variety of colleagues and clients in challenging circumstances.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is an Analytical thinker. Asks thoughtful questions and identifies project roadblocks
- Takes direction and independently executes. You can problem solve while asking for guidance when needed
- Is Eager to learn. Ready to expand their skill sets, and grow within the organization
- Is Creative. You are self-motivated and excited to be a part of a high performance team
Tools and Tech that you love:
- Headless/Decoupled CMS: Dato CMS, Contentful, Headless WordPress, Strapi, Prismic
- Static Site Generators: Preferably Gatsby.js and NextJS
- Hosting and serverless backend services: AWS Amplify, Netlify
- Web Services / APIs: Preferably GraphQL
The best parts of this job
- You’re in control of your schedule. At Webstacks, we recognize you are human. Meet your deadlines, ensure your talented team and your clients are equipped to succeed, and be prepared for your meetings. You are not destined for a desk 9-5… all we ask is that you produce, develop, and succeed!
- Culture. Culture. Culture. Ego? At Webstacks, we’ve never heard of it! We are all on the same mission: progress both as a cohesive unit as a company + have a true desire to see the best in our teammates both personally and professionally.
- Work with Elite Stakeholders. You have the opportunity to work daily with some of the best minds in the tech space.
- Live and breathe on the cutting edge. You’ll be at the cutting edge of website development & design — managing your team who is working on the fastest-growing site building frameworks and design tools on the market
The worst parts of this job
- Delivering difficult news. On the team, we empathize deeply with our customers. It’s what makes delivering those moments of delight so delightful. At the same time, we sometimes have to convey difficult news that something isn’t possible or supported at this time, and it can be challenging to disappoint our eager, loyal, and thriving customer base.
- Wearing many hats is challenging. You are at the epicenter of all things SEO at Webstacks. You’ll be heavily involved in sales, solutions, and partnership initiatives. You’ll definitely want to be the type of person who thrives under pressure and is comfortable learning new things on the fly.
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Matched 401(k)
- Constant growth and learning opportunities
- Work-life balance
- An energetic, motivating and fun culture that we can't wait for you to be apart of!
All this sound good? Sweet, we can't wait to chat!