In a work-from-anywhere world, building strong company culture is more important than it's ever been. Boombox is tackling the challenge by making it easy to have fun and connect on a human level with the people you work with, no matter where you are. Less than a year after launch, Boombox has already emerged as a category leader with amazing virtual events, IRL team experiences, meaningful corporate gifting, and a virtual hub for managing team experiences.
Happy customers include Apple, Netflix, Nike, and more than 800 other companies who rely on Boombox to keep their teams engaged. And this is just the beginning. We're looking for extraordinary people to add to our team, shape our product offering, and solidify our leadership position in this massive $500+ billion category. Boombox is backed by Atomic, Silicon Valley's foremost VC and startup studio known for launching Hims & Hers, Bungalow, Zenreach, and many more. The Boombox team is made up of industry veterans coming from Google, Apple, Square, Opendoor, and more.
We are seeking a Front End Engineer who will play a critical role in our company's product vision and experience.
Who You Are:
- You like to build and ship. Providing the best experience for all customers across many types of devices. You have opinions and can drive forward as a champion.
- You are experienced. You’ve done it before. Your experience will help you avoid pitfalls and help not only you, but the whole company, move faster and build better.
- You thrive in fast paced environments. At this stage we’re still learning. You will iterate with customers, designers, and product managers to focus on high impact work.
- You take pride in your craftsmanship. Clean code and design helps you and your colleagues move fast and confidently.
- You have empathy for customers. You build with the customer in mind.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll ship product. As part of our team, you’ll move fast. Building solid user experiences, wiring up real-time interactions, and pushing out bug-fixes are all “part of the job”. Writing clean and efficient code that helps not only you -- but the entire team -- deliver real value fast.
- You’ll contribute to many areas. You’ll not only work with product, design and engineering, you’ll contribute to product, design, engineering and architecture for all our customer experiences.
- You’ll grow and improve. You’ll be working with some top notch people who all love to teach and learn. You’ll find yourself both teaching and learning, giving feedback and leading. Challenge your team as they challenge you. We all improve ourselves on a daily basis.
- You’ll shape product strategy. You’ll get to use your own product, talk to customers who use it, and have a direct impact on how our company creates and produces experiences.
- You’ll be an owner. You’ll work together with smart and ego-free people with the responsibility and freedom to execute. We’ll give you the space and support to excel.
What You Have:
- 3+ years of building and delivering production-quality software systems
- Experience with React and GraphQL
- Experience building high-impact user experiences
- Worked cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers
- Created modular, performant, and testable code
- A sense of ownership of what you build
- Experience with TypeScript, NextJS, or Elixir
What You Get:
- Flexibility to work from anywhere
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive salary/equity package
- Robust health, dental, and vision insurance package options for employee and dependents
- Company sponsored 401(k)
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the pay range for this position is between $100,000 to $150,000 per year.
Boombox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.