Atomic is the venture studio that co-founds companies by pairing founders with the best ideas, teams, and resources, and funding those with the most potential. When entrepreneurs co-found with Atomic, they team up with an experienced group of operators who have started dozens of companies, and created billions of dollars in enterprise value. Industry disruptors like Bungalow, Found, Hims and Hers, Homebound, OpenStore, and Replicant all started at Atomic along with dozens more. Atomic was founded in 2012 by serial entrepreneur Jack Abraham and is headquartered in Miami and San Francisco with a distributed team across North America.
Overview: We are a pre-launch company backed by Atomic VC, building cutting edge technologies that help high-risk patients awaiting surgical treatments. We're looking for an experienced and motivated Founding Engineer to join our growing startup as our first full-time engineering hire!
You’ll work closely with the Leadership team to shape and implement the product roadmap, and your focus will be to build out clinician and patient-facing applications to drive forward our mission.
What You'll Do - In your first six months on the job you’ll have:
- Understood the company’s vision, goals, business model, and the challenges that our patients and care team face.
- Worked closely with clinicians and patients to solve their business problems through elegant technical solutions.
- Collaborated closely with the co-founders and the product team to define the technical stack and architecture, and third-party solution partners that will form the foundation for the minimum viable product.
- Led the release of the minimum viable product by working throughout the stack - backend, frontend, and infrastructure.
- Made key improvements to our underlying infrastructure, and laid out the medium-long term architecture roadmap.
- Helped recruit additional technical team members to form a strong, collaborative team.
- Established technical culture by setting best practices and norms.
- Led the release of subsequent versions of the product, with a focus on third-party data integrations, to unblock new business and enable growth.
What You Have:
- 6+ yrs of total Full Time Software Development experience; including 4 yrs of building back-end web technologies, and 2+ years with front-end web applications.
- Experience architecting and building applications using Python, React, Typescript, Microservices, APIs, modern frameworks, and leveraging AWS services.
- Experience designing with a security-first approach to ensure integrity of healthcare data.
- Strong problem-solving, debugging, and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
What Would be Great to Have:
- 0->1 startup experience, ideally with a pre-seed / seed / series A company.
- Experience working in a regulated industry, such as Healthcare.
- Experience using data integration products like Mirth Connect / HAPI FHIR et al.
- Experience integrating applications using standards such as HL7 v2.x, FHIR APIs.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Atomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.