The Feature Integration team at Zoox is responsible for defining feature requirements for our L5 autonomous vehicle and service. You will develop engineering-level feature requirements, while partnering with cross-functional teams to integrate all systems together within the vehicle. As a Feature Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering a portfolio of vehicle and/or user features to support the Zoox mission. You will be challenged to solve real-world functional system integration problems with a team of world-class engineers. We are looking for an engineer that is passionate about autonomous driving and has strong problem-solving skills.
- Develop vehicle system features stemming from customer needs, both internal and external
- Work as a feature owner with product experience team, software, hardware, electrical engineers, and HMI to define detailed system requirements and architectures
- Lead and track cross-functional development efforts, issue escalation and resolution, and serve as point-person for overall feature integration
- Lead report out of metrics for feature integration projects
- Support test case development and verification of system level function on multiple mediums
- BS or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical, or Software Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Experience writing functional and system requirements based on customer need
- Knowledge of vehicle engineering or software development process
- Familiarity with CAN networks and vehicle system architecture
- Experience with managing complex system interactions
- Excellent writing skills, organization, verbal communication, leadership skills, and deadline driven
- Experience working in electrical integration, CAN/LIN system architecture definition, ECU design and release
- Experience working with complex electrical, electronic, and software-controlled systems
- Experience working on HMI projects
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools (Polarion, JIRA)
- Project management experience
- There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $137,000 to $222,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
- Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.