Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre
launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 350,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1000 Qontoers. We also made it to the Top 3 of LinkedIn Top Startups France
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here
Our beliefs: Diversity brings success. We actively recruit people from a range of backgrounds, employ inclusive hiring techniques; and work with our external partners to continually increase and improve our DEI initiatives. As a result, we obtained a rating of 89/100 in 2022 for the annual Index of professional equality and are happy to say that 44% of our teams are women.
⭐ Mission: Join us as an Expert Ruby Backend Engineer to craft polished user experiences, highly scalable APIs and robust banking services, all to help create the finance solution all businesses love!
⚡ Impact: As an Expert Ruby Backend Engineer, you will be part of a team of 100 highly skilled Backend Engineers from all over the world. You will work closely in cross-functional teams to shape our finance solutions. You will participate in the discussions on the direction of our product, manage how we'll handle our ever-growing user base needs, and deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
👩💻🧑💻 As an Expert Backend Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Provide technical leadership on large complex technical projects
• Mentor junior & senior members of the Backend team
• Build a great product by shipping efficient features
• Produce and ship high-quality, well-documented code
• Produce software designs to support overall scalability and long-term maintainability
🤔 What you can expect: get to know our working methodology, the Qonto Way
• We highly value the analysis phase on software delivery, placing a heavy emphasis on upfront technical designs, team reviews, and smart slicing. In this manner, you're expected to really focus on quality, which we believe drives the velocity our customers need.
• We foster an environment that enables our engineers to be proud of their work
, as we believe that this is the route to success
• We think that success comes from a space where you're given time, support, and authority to improve yourself, our systems, and our standards. Our lean toolbox enables you to monitor your constant improvements in a collaborative way with your peers and manager.
• Our engineers, working in cross-functional teams, code mostly in Python, Golang, and Ruby, and dedicate themselves to one feature at a time.
🤝 Your future department Head
One of our Heads of Backend at Qonto is David
. He's managing teams working on Platform Services. He has a strong international career with multiple software engineering experiences. Before joining Qonto in January 2022, he had previously been the CTO for several startups in the sports and video game industries.
• What can he bring to you and the team?
David has a lot of experience in Software Craftsmanship and Extreme programming. You will have the opportunity to work in a team that values high-quality software. He also fosters and promotes a highly collaborative workplace and embraces ambitious and difficult technical challenges.
• Technical mastery of Ruby. Robust background in distributed systems/SOA and used to working with multiple Teams
• State of art engineering practices: Testing, refactoring, domain-driven design...
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer, who is interested in solving hard problems and delivering value to the users
• Impact maker: You want to help build an innovative product used by hundreds of thousands of users and leave your mark
• Team player: You value collaborative analysis, group work, pair programming, code reviews
• Languages: You are fluent in English
Qonto is an open-minded company. Don’t tick all the boxes? Apply and we’ll let you know if we think you could fit the role. You never know 😉
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made Remote Policy
- 22 days of paid leave + 32 hours of ex festivita
- An Edenred
lunch card: 100% covered
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act
(1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us: