Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
As an Engineering Manager in Performance, you will lead and manage a team of engineers who are passionate about improving product performance on complex, large scale distributed systems. You will provide technical leadership to our projects. You will also manage the project plans, goals, and help develop your team. You’ll work with the Development, QE (Quality Engineering), and Product teams to deliver high quality initiatives for all our products throughout their development life cycles.
- Coordinate with the Development / QE / Support / PM teams to define project plans, provide presentations and updates to the program teams
- Be responsible for the overall success of our projects with high quality
- Provide technical leadership in system efficiencies and performance
- Manage, guide, and grow a team of engineers
- Minimum 3+ years of experience managing a software development team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong programming skills in one of the following (Python, Go or Java)
- Strong knowledge on database performance
- Self-directed and self-motivated individual who takes complete ownership of the product and its outcome
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Additionally, information on benefits offered is below. The anticipated starting base pay range for this role is $177,970 - $212,395 per year.
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
- Unlimited time off (DTO)
- Matching 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Monthly credit towards a lifestyle spending account
- An ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, to assist in the setup of an efficient WFH and office environment
- And much more!
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.