? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product - with both impact and a great user experience. So if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing a rather old-fashioned industry, get in touch. You can find out more about the Qonto Way here
launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has made great strides:
- Becoming market leader for online SME banking in Europe with 300,000 SME clients
- Getting recognized as one of the Top 10 startups to work for (LinkedIn
- Opening offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, Barcelona and Belgrade
- Recently joining forces with Penta, a market leader, based in Berlin and Belgrade to strengthen our growth
- 900+ happy Qontoers building a finance solution businesses love to use.
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other
Software Engineers at Qonto craft polished user experiences, highly scalable APIs and robust banking services, all to help create the finance solution that energizes European SMEs.
The Web team at Qonto currently has +45 highly-skilled Frontend Engineers, from all over the world, working with other stacks in cross-functional teams to shape our finance solution.
👩💻🧑💻As a Front-end Engineering Manager at Qonto, you will
• Lead a team of 3 to 6 Frontend Engineers and help them grow along our values of Ambition, Mastery, Teamwork and Integrity,
• Drive the delivery of your team to help us bring more value to our users
• Run interviews to hire new team members,
• Contribute to a collaborative, diverse and supportive work culture,
• Make the team and Qonto shine by writing blog articles or speaking at internal and external events 🌟
Note that we call Engineering Managers “Leads” at Qonto but, as you can see, their mission corresponds to what the industry would call an “Engineering Manager”.
🤩 What we are proud of
Our web apps all use the latest version of the Ember.js framework
. If you want to know why we use this framework instead of React, this article
by is for you!
All of our apps are deployed continuously using state-of-the-art CI/CD tools. Our main app, served at app.qonto.com
, is deployed more than 20 times a day. Each commit is tested with close to 9,000 automated tests (93% code coverage) and 130 visual tests
. As an addition, we run a series of E2E tests on a production-like environment every 15 minutes
, 24/7/365. We have also implemented a Design System approach
with Storybook and our own UI kit.
🧠What you could work on
You will be the Frontend Lead of a cross-functional team. Every cross-functional team handles a part of our product, for example:
✈️ Onboarding: the team guiding users through a delightful and frictionless sign-up experience.
💸 Spend management: the team allowing Qonto users to decentralize their team’s expenses while keeping them under control.
You will also be in charge of driving large continuous improvement initiatives with a positive impact on the whole Web team. Some challenges we are facing at the moment:
• we want to decrease our hot-reload and CI times in order to improve our Engineers’ experience and efficiency,
• we want to improve the accessibility of our web apps,
• we rolling out a brand new way to write specs (”visual specs”).
For the longer term, we are wondering how we could avoid running all automated tests at each commit, and whether and how we should introduce TypeScript into our codebase. Many challenges ahead 💪
🤔 What you can expect
• The fast pace of a scale-up winning SME banking in Europe. Qonto is on track to power one million SMEs by 2025 🚀
• A top-notch working culture based on local initiative
, learning and continuous improvement (see for yourself on Glassdoor
• Tried-and-true training programs and coaching routines to help you grow on your gestures of delivery management and leadership 💪
🤝 Your future Head
You will report to a Senior Lead, who is herself reporting to our Head of Web, Florian
• What he brings to the team: together with the Frontend Leads, Florian promotes healthy communication between team members, continuously improves the team’s operating system, accelerates team members’ growth towards proficiency... and chases all sources of waste which can bring down the team’s morale and velocity!
• Leadership: you already have a first experience as a manager or as a mentor, and you have a track record of taking initiative to improve the team’s working conditions, as well as supporting your teammates and helping them grow
• Team player: you can collaboratively lead the evolution of your cross-functional team. You have excellent communication skills, which help you spread knowledge across teams and align people to work successfully on their projects.
• Languages: You are fluent in English
"If you read this far and feel like this could be a great opportunity for you, please don’t self-reject and just hit the button “Apply”!
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
Office & Team Life
- The latest equipment from Apple
- Monthly team events
- Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
- A competitive salary package
- Tailor-made Remote Policy
- 28 days of paid leave
- Meal vouchers
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- An inclusive environment with a focus on parity: 44% of our teams are women
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 60+ nationalities) including access to Busuu
to improve your language skills
- Career tracks and mobility opportunities that can match all expectations
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!