Sonalake is a software partnering company that helps our clients realise their product roadmaps. Product design and engineering are at the heart of our business. Our engineering teams work with clients right across the stack; UX, UI design, frontend, backend, analytics, infrastructure, operations - and everything else that goes into delivering great products.
We thrive on variety and are highly adaptable. Our teams are exposed to domains as varied as telecom billing, ad tech, securities-based lending, travel tech analytics, and many more.
Innovation is central to our mission; anticipating future client needs, analysing emerging technologies and developing new products and services.
We are growing, and are seeking out managers to lead our engineering initiatives and teams. That’s where you come in.
- Be central to realising our vision of engineering practice excellence across technology, process and culture
- Drive the roadmap and priorities for your teams, working with internal colleagues and client stakeholders
- Develop team members and team leads, helping them to advance their careers
- Support engineering teams in making appropriate technical choices and achieving a high level of technical and process excellence
- Manage process to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of Sonalake
- Hire and onboard great engineers
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives as a member of Sonalake’s engineering management team
You may be a fit for this role if you
- Have managed teams that have shipped and operated critical software systems
- Enjoy learning and diving into the nuts-and-bolts of how things work
- Work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs.
- Thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility within a knowledge sharing culture
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- Have sufficient knowledge to ask engineers meaningful questions about architecture and product decisions.
- Have at least a couple of years experience managing engineering teams
- Are a great communicator in English - both written and spoken
We take pride in being a people-oriented company. Openness and opportunity are really important to us. We build teams that span from experienced leaders to bright graduates and work to develop all of us within our coaching culture