Get to know us
Do you want to help us shape what the future of work will look like and how it will best embrace our life's aspirations? If this sounds like a journey you want to embark on, we may have the right role for you!
PayFit is an intuitive cloud-based payroll and employee management solution designed specifically for SMBs. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to simplify payroll for SMBs and enable employers and employees to grow together. We are a European company operating from 3 main countries (France, Spain, and the UK) where we are supporting over 9500 clients.
Creating a fulfilling work environment and culture is also a core mission at PayFit, and our day-to-day work philosophy is reflected in our four values:
We genuinely care for others whoever they are, whatever they think
We aim to improve and achieve better results every day
Staying humble and exchanging transparent feedback helps us to grow and improve
We are the architects of PayFit´s success
A key part of our culture, and essential for our success, is also improving the diversity of our teams and building an inclusive culture where you can be yourself at work.
This is why our recruitment focuses on the skills you demonstrate, and not only on your academic background or previous professional experiences. At PayFit we understand that you can gain applicable skills through a variety of life experiences and we are interested in knowing them, too.
Location: France or Spain are preferred
Language requirement: English will be your working language and French/Spanish would be nice to have but not mandatory for this role.
About the role :
The Tech team already counts 120 passionate people who develop our app and collaborate with the Product Team to be fast. Divided into five teams to better address our diverse technical challenges.
We are looking for an Engineering Director focusing on our Internal Developer Platform Tribe, in order to lead a team of Engineers in the development and maintenance of stable, resilient, secure, scalable production and development infrastructure.
Our team follows software engineering principles to deliver platform abstractions, core shared services components and developer experience tooling which enables product engineering productivity. The Internal Developer Platform tribe will be successful if every engineer at PayFit is empowered to succeed.
Your mission will include:
- Build and lead an effective engineering team (SRE, DRE, Application Security, Developer Experience)
- Provide thought leadership and establish a technical vision and strategy for the team
- Provide coaching & mentoring for Engineering Managers and engage them around a clear roadmap
- Partner with other Engineering Directors to build a team and understand their needs and align on impactful projects
- Establish metrics and measurement for all work/processes, set goals for the next stages of the work, and justify both current and future resources/directions with executive management
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and measurement of efficiency and outcomes
- Hire, develop, and retain a team of managers, engineers to support your efforts
This role is for you if :
- You have BS in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
- You have 8+ years of experience managing SRE & Infrastructure teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural & security experience
- You worked in a similar B2B & SaaS environment with a very dynamic culture
- You have experience with some of our tech stack: Kubernetes, AWS, Lambda (AWS), CQRS, Serverless…
- You have already managed a huge tech debt and transform a platform to be a key enabler for the business
- You have previous experience managing and developing engineering managersYou have demonstrated ability to lead teams to deliver high quality technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly
- You have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, and opinionated team,sound judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical skills - You gained experience managing and leading multiple engineering teams for an organization,
- You are technically experienced, knowledgeable, and credible to help teams make the right design, architecture, and technology choices.
If you think you would be a good fit even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements, we would love to hear from you!
Your future team:
Our Internal Dev Platform Tribe is composed of 30 people and its main objectives are to maintain the platform hosted on AWS, provide services for developers, and ensure security of our application… with 6 dedicated squads : SRE, Core Platform, DRE, DevExp (Including our Test on DemanD -ToDD- squad), & AppSec.
Your future manager, Evelyne, VP of Engineering will ensure your smooth onboarding and further evolution in your role!
1. First you will meet a Talent Acquisition Specialist for a discovery call (45 min)
2. Next step will be a meetingwith Evelyne, our VP of Engineering, with whom you will touch more technical topics of your experience (60 min)
3. You will then meet Direct reports: Alexis, Arthur, Gregory & Marc
4. Next, you will go through a business case (90 min)
5. Then you will be meeting our Engineering Directors: Damian & Pierre (60 min)
6. Final stage will be meeting our CPO : Sylvain (30 min)
What we offer
Flexibility: We believe that to produce your best work and to be fulfilled, you should be free to choose what working arrangements suit you best. You can work from any place within Spain with the possibility to work abroad for some period of time.
Learning & Development: In PayFit we have a great learning platform where you can learn new skills every day with the support of our company. We also have English language courses to improve your business communication vocabulary and get to the next level.
Career Development: We want you to progress and be free to choose which direction you want to grow. There are also opportunities for internal moves.
Health promotion: Gym subscription (AndJoy) with a preferential rate.
Meals: 6 EUR lunch voucher per workday with our partner Edenred.
Transportation: 50 % of public transport card covered by PayFit .
Health Insurance: Full coverage on private insurance with Sanitas.
Parental support program: Support with a nursery for your child.
Home office budget to help you get set up in the best conditions. A MacBook as our standard working tool.
Time off: 25 days of holidays per year.
Disability Inclusion: All of our positions are open to any person living with a disability. To guarantee equal treatment and opportunities, we will take, based on individual needs, appropriate measures to adapt the work conditions of PayFiters with disabilities, and if needed also during the recruitment process.