CompStak envisions a commercial real estate industry in which accurate and transparent data leads to better, faster deals for everyone. We gather critical information that is hard to access, then make it instantly and seamlessly available to our platform members.
Location: New York, New York (Three days per week in the office)
We are looking for a data scientist to build scalable and efficient data pipelines, serving high-quality data to the end user and providing analytics and ML services for our suite of products that are revolutionizing the commercial real estate industry. This role is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to utilize machine learning models to solve real-life data pipeline automation and real estate market predictions.
- Improve and automate complex data ingestion pipelines with ML
- Leverage statistical modeling to analyze commercial real estate market trends
- Implement production machine learning pipeline in SaaS environment
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, data science, applied mathematics, statistics, or related fields with related training or experience in Economics,
- 1-3 years working in an economics focused position, such as with a relevant government agency (BLS/BEA or something similar), or a corporate setting in technology, finance, commerce, or market analysis
- A firm understanding of economics as proven through previous coursework or work experience
- Working experience of Python programing in production environment
- Hands on experience of relational database/data warehouse ( i.e. MySQL, Snowflake)
- Experience with common data science frameworks (i.e. Pandas, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow)
The base pay ranges provided below are for NYC Metro-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than the NYC Metro area may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Pay range: $90,000 - 150,000
Launched in 2012, we’ve built a network of over 30,000 brokers, appraisers and research professionals across the country, using a unique crowdsourced model. Our clients enjoy the foremost lease and sale transaction data combined with a robust analytics platform. CompStak’s unique data and intuitive platform is used by the world’s largest real estate investors, lenders, brokers and appraisers to compare properties, underwrite investments and loans, close deals and track market trends.
CompStak has over 100 team members in the US and overseas; and we continue to grow. We’re backed by top VCs and industry players like Morgan Stanley, Canaan Partners, IA Capital, Transamerica, Moody’s, RealPage, 500 Startups, and Daily Mail Group, and have raised over $75m to date. Our HQ is in New York City, we have regional offices in Atlanta, Chicago and Los Angeles, and we have an international office in Belgrade, Serbia.
We pride ourselves on an environment that is fun, collaborative, and rewards hard work. We look forward to the value that future employees will add to our amazing teams!
CompStak is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates employees and applicants of all identities, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We foster a welcoming work environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and we reject discrimination or harassment of any individual. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with any part of the application process, please let us know. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.