Job Summary: Rackspace is hiring a Director, Software Development. In this role you’ll manages software developers on projects of moderate to large size and complexity. Oftentimes you’ll be responsible for the design of one or more product lines. You and your team will be creating efficient ways to produce new products. You’ll evaluate the progress and results of development efforts. You’ll be overall responsible for the hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews of software developers on your team.
Work Location: Remote
- Manage large to moderate-sized software development projects.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and according to corporate quality standards.
- Facilitate communication upward and across project team including project status, justifications for variances and technical information (architecture, design and implementation objectives).
- Serve as focal point for other departments on project status or other project information.
- Ensure projects are completed according to product specifications and are properly documented.
- Product architecture and implementation is maintainable and extendible to accommodate future development and maintenance (architecture documentation and architecture design review).
- Ensure that: a) documentation gets appropriate level of technical review support; b) QA test plans meet the project requirements; c) appropriate development and corporate methods and procedures are followed.
- Manage personnel activities of staff (i.e., hires, trains, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, and recommends termination, as necessary).
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Software Engineering, or Computer Science; or other related field of study.
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience in software development with at least 3 years of project leadership experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge in software development lifecycle, design methodologies, and implementation.
- Expert problem solving, analytical, and design skills. In-depth experience in software architecture, interaction design, requirements analysis, project planning, project management, and implementation.
- Familiar with industry standard software tools and practices.
- Excellent leadership skills with proven experience leading software development projects.
- Highest understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance.
- High technical and comprehensive knowledge of broad business areas.
The following information is required by pay transparency legislation in the following states: CA, CO, HI, NY, and WA. This information applies only to individuals working in these states.
•The anticipated starting pay range for Colorado is: $161,000 - $236,060.
•The anticipated starting pay range for the states of Hawaii and New York (not including NYC) is: $171,400 - $251,350.
•The anticipated starting pay range for California, New York City and Washington is: $187,500 - $275,000.
Unless already included in the posted pay range and based on eligibility, the role may include variable compensation in the form of bonus, commissions, or other discretionary payments. These discretionary payments are based on company and/or individual performance and may change at any time. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits
offered is here.#LI-MF1 #LI-Remote
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.