Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
Couchbase is looking for a talented engineering leader who has a passion for building and shipping great database products and services
About the Job
Couchbase engineers develop the next-generation cloud database that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of this team, you will lead teams to develop products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new challenges as we continue to push technology forward.In this role, you will manage, grow the team, drive development activities, and partner closely with the other teams globally. You will be leading a team of engineers working on cutting-edge technologies across different functional domains on the Couchbase family.Couchbase's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful.We research, design, and develop new technologies to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Degree in Engineering with Computer Science or equivalent
- 12+ years of experience in software development 8+ years of experience in people management, building, attracting, motivating, and energizing software product development teams
- Managed major product releases and/or cloud services successfully
- Demonstrated ability to attract, hire and retain top technical talent
- Direct responsibility of the team's productivity
- Nurture creativity and out of the box thinking in development
- Manage a global distributed product development teams
- Experience solving highly complex, technical problems under schedule constraints
Good to have
- You have proven success building, growing and leading innovative and productive engineering teams developing and delivering database innovations
- You're organized, action oriented and results focused
- You have a strong background in distributed systems and database systems
- You're self-motivated and want to make a big positive impact on developers and customers
Manage and grow engineering team in India
Be SPOC for all the development activities
Manage and coordinate activities across the team in India, collaborating with cross-functional leaders
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Couchbase offers a total rewards approach to benefits for the value you create here. Couchbase recognizes the need for financial wellbeing. We offer flexible time off, Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, paid parental leave, and a Flexible Spending Account for the things you care about most. We provide an ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, or assist in the setup of an efficient home office environment.
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.