Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
We’re looking for a Director of Engineering to work on the agent component of our product, which is responsible for the technology that makes Sysdig unique.
What you will do
- Lead a geographically distributed team of skilled software engineers and engineering managers and enable them to deliver new products in the Sysdig Agent
- Have the technical capability to understand high-performance Kernel and systems code (mostly in C/C++) and dive in when necessary.
- Manage the growth of the team by hiring top-notch candidates.
- Work with different parts of the company including Customer Success, Product, and Engineering to drive the Agent roadmap.
What you will bring with you
- People manager with 10 + years of experience building, growing, leading, and inspiring engineering teams.
- Operated in a SaaS environment and have hands on experience with driving CI/CD oriented development and rapid iterations
- Deep knowledge of systems software and cloud security concepts such as - cloud-workload protections, configuration posture, vulnerability management in containerized environments
- Strong depth in cloud native technologies - Kubernetes, containers, serverless
- Experienced with driving alignment and cross organization collaboration; great deal of acumen
- Product and user-oriented thinking - the role requires working closely with product management to create great user experiences
What we look for
- Inspirational engineering leader passionate about solving problems in the cloud.
- Continuous learner curious about customer journey and customer experience.
- A collaborative mindset: someone who prioritizes the team and fosters a culture of high performance without ego.
- Self-starter with experience in defining tasks, seeking feedback, and evolving work where applicable
- Servant leader invested in people and the team's growth.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and additional recharge days
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Career growth
The U.S. annual base salary range for this full-time position is between $220,000 and $275,000 USD per year. Actual offers may be higher or lower than this range based on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to) the candidate’s work location, job-related skills, experience and education.