The Job in short
Establish and maintain strong relationships with developers, fostering a vibrant developer community and evangelizing the Developer Platform your value streams key deliverable. By acting as a bridge between our value stream and the developer community, you will play a pivotal role in driving developer adoption, engagement, and overall satisfaction.
What you'll do
The Developer platform focuses on providing technology accelerators to developers and digital teams at Backbase and our clients around the world; so they can focus on business value and ship software faster. Components of the Developer Platform include, developer tools like an API portalSDKs, testing tools like our API Sandbox and code linting tools. Also very significant part is the Backbase Design System for reusable UI components. Everything we deliver is nothing without first class documentation and great learning examples. As such, a large for of our time is towards documenting best practices, ways of working and guides that will end up on Backbase.io and also engineering.backbase.com
We see this role owning 4 pillars:
- Collaborate closely with our teams, our chapters, the front end guilds and customer teams to provide feedback, share insights from developers, and advocate for improvements and new features based on their requirements.
- Be an ambassador for our technologies, promoting their value and benefits to the wider internal and external developer community.
- Collaborate with software developers, product managers and technical writers to create and deliver high-quality technical content, such as documentation, tutorials, sample code, and videos, to help developers effectively use our technologies.
- Curate existing documentation, performing periodic reviews, triage user feedback/bug reports and determine priorities for remedial work.
- Provide technical guidance and support to developers, assisting them with troubleshooting, bug reports, and integration issues.
- Build and nurture a vibrant internal and external developer community around our technologies.
- Organize and participate in developer events, hackathons, and workshops to encourage knowledge sharing, collaboration, and innovation among developers.
- Act as a trusted and accessible point of contact for developers, proactively engaging with them through various channels, including developer forums, social media, conferences, and meetups.
- Work closely with the product team to share and discuss developers insights, so product can feed the teams with problems to solve
Who you are
Does this profile speak to your inner Developer Advocate? Join our team and play a pivotal role in empowering front-end developers to create innovative and impactful applications using our cutting-edge technologies. Help us build a thriving developer community and drive the success of our products in the market.
To run with this role, we think you'll need:
- A background in developer relations and advocacy within a tech company.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with our technical stack (Java, Spring, Angular, Typescript, Jenkins etc.)
- Easily translate complex business concepts into technical stories for developers; Cross-domain communication comes natural to you.
- Comfortable speaking at conferences, meetups, and other public events.
- Passionate about supporting and empowering developers to achieve their goals.
- You contribute to communities, such as an active Github profile, a strong StackOverflow profile, blog posts, a strong presence on Social media, etc.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to empathize with developers and find creative solutions to their challenges.
- You have the ability to work independently and take ownership of problems, while also thriving in a collaborative team environment.
(please note that we are only able to proceed with candidates currently based in the Netherlands)