Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
The Developer Relation team is growing at Couchbase. The DevRel team's mission is to increase Couchbase's awareness among developers. You will do it through the creation of demo/content showing developer focused features, integration with our technology ecosystem, trendy emerging technologies. You will have an online-first, then in-person presence to spread the word about Couchbase, about what you do and what we do as a company. You are happy to work in the Marketing department and to become a tech influencer.
If you don’t tick every box please do not worry, we believe people can learn and should grow their skill set while working.
Location: This position will be a remote role with a preferred location in the Central US region. Preference will be given to applicants who currently live in this region.
- Teach all developers about Couchbase Capella and the latest technology trends associated with them.
- Spread the word online and in-person through YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, meetups, conferences, etc.
- Create and package demos and related talk for anyone willing to become a Couchbase speaker
- Support the field marketing and sales teams in your region for their developer events or meetings
- Give presentations and talk to developers
- Expect to travel at least 10% - 15% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, a related discipline or equivalent practical experience, career change is welcomed
- 3+ years of programming experience
- You love helping developers
- Great communication skills in English (writing, creating, presenting)
- Good database understanding
- Must be comfortable with social networks, twitch and other social/influencer tools
- You are happy to become a tech influencer
- Ability to listen to the developer community and effectively relay their stories and feedback
- The ability to work autonomously
- You are fun to be around, easy-going, and optimistic
- You are a community enthusiast and have shared your knowledge and general developer culture
- Experience with at least one Database (Couchbase, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Neo4J, Cassandra, DynamoDb, Redis, Memcached)
- Coding experience with languages like Java, .Net, Node, Ruby, Golang, Rust, or PHP is highly desired.
- Comfortable with basic video-editing
- Experience with open-source frameworks is a plus, especially maintaining or contributing to open-source projects
- Experience with high-load applications will be another big plus
The anticipated starting base pay range for this role is $115,000 - $140,000 per year. Base salary is not the only component of our competitive total rewards package - you will also be eligible for a bonus, equity, and other benefits as described below. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location.
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies
that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
- Unlimited time off (DTO)
- Matching 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Monthly credit towards a lifestyle spending account
- An ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, to assist in the setup of an efficient WFH and office environment
- And much more!
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.