As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
The Analytics team powers data-informed decision-making at Tinder. We are looking to add a creative Data Scientist to our growing Analytics team. As a Data Scientist I on the Analytics team, you will partner with Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Finance to improve our outstanding platform.
You will use comprehensive datasets to develop experiments, understand metrics, develop automated reports, and generate exploratory insights to guide our business solutions. You will collaborate with other members of our team to surface important insights - exploratory analysis, experiment results, collaborations with other teams (consumer insights/strategy/etc) - to our partner teams and across the company. These insights influence both the performance of our business and the experience of our members.
This role has the opportunity to work on either the Core, Revenue, or Growth features of the Tinder app - during the interview process, we will work closely with you to define what team would be the best match.
Where you’ll work:
This position can be located in Los Angeles,CA or San Francisco, CA.
What You'll Do:
- Design and analyze experiments to rigorously test a specific hypothesis.
- Find the “story” in the data and readily share insights with product, engineering, and design as well as at a company level.
- Be an authority with a point of view for the organization, using data to constantly challenge and reshape our current understanding of customer behavior and business performance.
- Derive and communicate data-driven recommendations regarding both the prioritization of potential product/marketing initiatives and performance of current initiatives.
- Define and operationalize the detailed tracking of company-wide, team-specific, and product-specific performance metrics via rollout tables, dashboards, and automated reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Economics, Computer Science, Statistics), Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- 1-2 years of professional working experience in Data Science and/or analytics preferred.
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau or Mode) is a plus, not required.
- Familiarity with scripting languages, machine learning, sophisticated statistical techniques - A/B experience is a plus, not required.
- Ability to develop a nuanced business understanding, testable hypotheses, and significant findings from data.
- Eagerness to identify and explore new product opportunities, potential improvements to our data infrastructure, and unanswered questions about member behavior.
- Comfort using descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Curiosity of how things work, from both a business and technical perspective.
- A collaborative growth mindset with a dedication to community-based projects and partnerships.
As part of the team, you'll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents), family forming benefits, and Milk Stork, which provides access to breast milk shipping for business travel, surrogacy, and employee relocation
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, BetterHelp, and Insight Timer; paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei