Atomic building the next generation tool for B2B marketing.
We are on the hunt for an incredible and creative Data Engineer who will help lay the technical foundation for our data platform and processes.
As an early employee, you will be a critical part of our company’s direction and future as it relates to all aspects engineering and data. You will be building the bones of our company and making decisions that will control its trajectory. We expect to invest in your development and do everything we can to make sure this will be one of your best professional experiences. We believe this will be a career-defining choice.
Still in “stealth” mode, our company is funded and supported by Atomic
, the venture studio behind Hims & Hers
, and many others. Atomic is a place for anyone with an entrepreneurial spirit to build, launch, and scale companies solving painful problems in huge markets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creatively leverage and aggregate various third-party data sources, including web scraping on a massive scale.
- Implementing critical data pipelines.
- Creating and improving existing infrastructure.
- Minimize latency and maximize data throughput throughout our system.
- Set backend foundation and framework for front-end hypothesis testing.
- Become an advocate for the team by developing and championing best practices with the team and with the company at large.
We’d love to talk if this sounds like you:
- You are curious, inquisitive, and enjoy solving ambiguous, open-ended problems: You are able to identify high impact problem areas with little direction. You have a healthy skepticism about data and know when to dig deeper into a problem.
- You have the technical skills to work independently. You are an expert in working with Python (Django), SQL, database systems, and web scraping. You are able flex your technical creativity in aggregating and synthesizing data sources to push into our database.
- Search engine experience building, knowledgeable on third party tools:
- Create internal database, query optimizations
- Experience with ElasticSearch and or TypeSense
- Experience with BeautifulSoup, and or other similar scraping libraries
- Working knowledge of AWS a plus
- You are a strong communicator and are able to explain complex concepts to a wide audience. You are adept at crafting clear and impactful data visualizations.
- You are meticulous and forthright. You are experienced with finding clear answers despite messy data sets, and are able to catch data issues as they arise.
- You are biased towards action. You like to build and ship - favoring practical choices, speed and a respect for sequencing. You focus on the things that matter and push back on things that don’t. You make deadlines for yourself and you move fast.
- You’re scrappy and entrepreneurial. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are comfortable with not knowing the answer to something. You are willing to roll up your sleeves no matter what the challenge is.
- You enjoy your work. You love what you do, think about it in your free time, and often find yourself building at strange hours—not because you feel you have to, but because you’re so excited to create something big for the world. Your favorite thing to do is to take on a huge challenge and pull it off.
- You care about doing the right thing. You value diversity and go out of your way to ensure others feel welcome. You enjoy hanging out with your teammates, have a low-ego, and make the workplace more fun for everyone.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. This position's starting compensation is $130,000 per year.
Atomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.