Pax8 is the leading cloud-based technology marketplace, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving thousands of partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best.
We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Data Engineer II designs and develops systems that collect, transform, store, and manage data for end users. They perform coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting throughout the development process. The Engineer mentors junior level Engineers. They collaborate with other functional groups to conduct software design reviews.
Meet the team and hear what they have to say about our Product & Engineering group: Meet the Team
- Builds pipelines to ingest new data sources
- Transforms data to support varied use cases
- Optimizes existing data pipelines and improves existing code quality
- Includes testing in all aspects of the development process
- Mentors junior level Engineers
- Analyzes potential problems and finds solutions to pressing data issues
- Participates in on-call rotation
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least two (2) to six (6) years of relevant data engineering experience
- Intermediate experience with Python
- Advanced experience with SQL
- Experience with Data Modeling
- Moderate experience with a JVM language
- Intermediate experience with Apache Spark or other distributed processing engines
- Intermediate experience with Apache Kafka or other stream processing frameworks
- Moderate experience with Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, or other similar infrastructure tooling
- Intermediate experience with cloud data tools such as S3, Glue, and Athena
- Exposure to building CI/CD pipelines
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $115,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-JF1 #dice-J #BI-Remote
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local Denver Metro area market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. All FTE Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.