Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
The Customer Success Engineer is responsible for driving adoption and long-term value realization for our customers by helping maximize desired outcomes. The Success team partners cross-functionally with every part of the company (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, etc.) to advocate for our customers, ensure a high-quality experience through the customer lifecycle, and drive successful outcomes as a Couchbase customer.
- Serve as a technically credible, long-term advisor, advocate and guide to Couchbase customers.
- Continuously align Couchbase solutions and services with the customer’s business objectives and outcomes.
- Serve as the ‘voice of the customer’ and provide feedback on how Couchbase can better serve them to maximize customer success and retention.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the customer for coordinating and communicating the deployment and alignment of appropriate Couchbase resources to address the customer’s post sales needs to successful resolution, including, but not limited to: support tickets and escalation management, enhancement requests, education/training needs, professional services/consulting needs, version/upgrade management, etc. and work with the Primary Account team to help identify new uses cases, new projects and/or applications.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship across customer organizations to identify and guide the customer to meet their goals and timelines, ensure the customer is onboarded effectively, and proactively move quickly to help the customer reach their desired measurable outcomes and value with Couchbase.
- Work with other members of the Couchbase account team on customer initiatives, projects, uses cases, issues/challenges, training/education and consulting needs, solution opportunities, and drive actionable outcomes to meet the customer’s objectives and help drive adoption.
- Collaborate with other members of the account team to coordinate and schedule quarterly/annual customer business reviews with key customer executives, sponsors and stakeholders, follow up on actual TCO and ROI outcomes and customer success stories, and socialize the value across customer organizations.
- Proactively collaborate with other members of the account team to understand and help document/maintain the current state of the account, including, but not limited to: solution architecture, use cases, applications, support ticket and escalation history, enhancement requests history, version and upgrade management history, and history of all recommendations and best practice communications with the customer.
- Proactively monitor, document, and drive necessary post sale actionable cross functional activities to ensure customer success, environment stability, enhance customer experience and customer satisfaction.
- Proactively act as program manager for post sale engagement activities, and work closely with the broader account team to create and publish a monthly/quarterly executive engagement status reports to key customer stakeholders, decision makers, and executive sponsors to highlight progress against priority goals/objective and key initiatives/use cases, services/training engagement activities, release and version management activities, helpful artifacts and tools, relevant upcoming events, and any outstanding action items and/or next steps to drive actionable outcomes.
- Maintain a deep technical understanding of our product and help customers adopt the most relevant features/functionality for their specific requirements.
- Improve upon our existing approaches to customer success by creating resources to help customers achieve their goals by adopting best practices.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Executive presence when and where appropriate.
- Experience using database technologies (e.g., Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, etc.)
- A deep understanding of modern complex data systems at scale
- Minimum of knowledge and foundation certification in AWS, GCP or Azure required
- Hand-on experience with at least one modern programming language to a basic proficiency level
- An understanding of Software Development life cycles and project management skills
- Experience in technical architecture design3-5+ years of experience in a technical Customer Success, Solution Engineer, or Technical Account Management role in a dynamic technology company
- Excellent organization, technical project management and communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills, including at senior levelsWorks well independently with little or no supervision, and able to drive/lead successful cross functional teams
- Works well managing complex tasks cross functionally, while working closely in a collaborative team environment
- A real passion for problem-solving and executing strategies across a wide variety of technical scenarios and customer verticals.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including business presentations
- Ability to learn new ideas and approaches quickly
- Be driven for success, motivated, and passionate about wanting to do the right thing at the right time for the customer, improve the customer experience, and help customers achieve successful outcomes.
The anticipated starting base pay range for this role is $120,000 - $180,000 per year. Base salary is not the only component of our competitive total rewards package - you will also be eligible for bonus, equity, and other benefits as described below. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location.
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies
that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
- Unlimited time off (DTO)
- Matching 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Monthly credit towards a lifestyle spending account
- An ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, to assist in the setup of an efficient WFH and office environment
- And much more!
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.